Older generation Airport Extreme Basestation (802.11g) and Xbox 360

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by AFATAL, May 27, 2008.

1. AFATAL macrumors newbie

hey Guys,
    I apologize in advance for this posting... I've checked and checked and found that there ARE in deed some other posts regarding this problem, but I just can't find anything that really seems to pertain to my situation. Here it is, and thanks for any help in advance...

I've got a Mac G5 and the first generation Airport Extreme Base Station (I think its 802.11g). I'm ready to play some Xbox 360 live, so I purchased an Xbox 360 wireless network adapter. I plugged it in and can't seem to have it recognize my network.

The initial test the the 360 does in the dashboard says that the adapter is unplugged... The red light is on on the wireless adapter indicating it is ready to connect to a wireless network.

I can't seem to make it work.

When I open my Airport Admin program, it shows that the wireless network security is WPA personal. Also, its the 802.11b/g compatible. And its not a closed network.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Please help.

Thanks,
    :confused:AFATAL:confused:

2. millar876 macrumors 6502a

millar876

if WPA wont work you could try knocking it down to WEP But if you do, for the love of pete and all things sacred, turn on MAC address filtering, and hide the SSID.

thats what i did, seems to work.