Omaha dad finds pot brownies, eats 4 of them, says mean things to cat

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by mobilehaathi, Aug 18, 2016.

1. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

I feel like this sub-forum needs something a bit more lighthearted.

source

2. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

He should consider himself lucky that he did not end up a statistic. So many times when the police are called to deal with these type of situations they end up using firearms.

3. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

thought pot heads were supposed to be jolly?

4. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

Couldn't agree more!

And so it immediately dies. Lot of party poopers here.

5. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Read this yesterday with my daily romp through my hometown paper.

What gets me is that the brownies were "for a sibling"? Really? Something's fishy in the land of corn..

On the flip side, "dude was trippin'!"

BL.

6. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

it can also make you paranoid from what I hear.

7. oneMadRssn macrumors 68040

oneMadRssn

Maybe the family cat was indeed being a bitch. Who are we to judge?

8. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

4 pot brownies? Must have been week as hell. Edibles like that put me down entirely.
    --- Post Merged, Aug 18, 2016 ---
    Fair point, of course the "reporting" on this story completely ignored it.

Stupid Lamestream media.

9. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

He's lucky he didn't end up a statistic of the sort called ingesting known poisons along with a controlled substance of dubious quality.

Back to the bright side: if he scarfed up most all the brownies then at least the so called bee kittycat didn't get stoned. :)

10. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Working too much. Clicked on thread thinking it said OBAMA DAD.....

11. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

from the voices in your head? :p

12. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Yah I also hear it can make one paranoid, even if it might be from stuff mixed in the weed. I did know a guy in the city, a medallion taxi driver (regular yellow cab) who finally went clean and dry after too many years of driving around with a pint of something in the glove box and a couple joints in his pocket for breaks. One night he found himself many hours into his shift with no fares to speak of, realized driving around with doors locked and off duty light on was not going to cut it. Very scared, but still he unlocked doors, turn off the off-duty, continued shift... sometime later almost freaked out when, thinking he was still alone in the cab, heard "Take Sixth Ave, it's quicker this time of night." He didn't even know where the fare had got in, much less where wanted to go.

On the bright side again, he quit drinking and drugging while he still had a taxidriver's job, even if that job can pretty much send a driver over the edge sometimes.

13. mobilehaathi thread starter macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

Yikes. Yeah, I've had a few drivers with, err, empty or half-empty bottles roll out from their hiding places. Not too reassuring.

I wonder if the paranoia comes from the anxiety of being caught doing something many people frown upon (and, in many jurisdictions, something that is subject to rather harsh punishment). Anyway, my personal experience is that a small puff in the evening accompanied by a book or some music is just as pleasant and relaxing as a glass of wine.

14. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

A cop and his wife did that about 10 years ago? He called 911. :p

15. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

16. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

My cats don't use weed. They prefer old school and drink beer. Trouble is getting them not to drive after a few cases, cause they always see themselves as sober. And their language is pretty bad when they're sober. Of course, they sold so much when they've been drinking, that sometimes you wonder where the bleach is coming from, and why it's always flunking.

Cats.

Go figure.

17. A.Goldberg macrumors 68000

A.Goldberg

I have a true story about a sweet old Hispanic cleaning lady who for years worked for an unnamed person at their summer home. She was a sweet old lady. While cleaning she came across a delicious looking baked good and helped herself to it, as the family didn't mind if she snacked on their food.

Sure enough, an hour later she started feeling funny, an hours later really really funny. She called her priest horrified thinking she was dying. He told her to go to the hospital. At the ER they told her she had accidentally ingested marijuana.

Lesson learned.

18. lobeyonekenobi macrumors regular

lobeyonekenobi

Could happen to anyone, pussies can be bitches, it just took four brownies to bring it out of this guy:D

19. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

If you call your adult children to ask them what was in the brownies that made Dad go crazy, I think you already know what was in the brownies.

20. Zenithal macrumors 68040

21. sim667 macrumors 65816

My cat's a right bell end at times. I can totally sympathise with this dude.

22. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Yeah you don't have to get stoned to go off the deep end over a cat's antics sometimes. I certainly had a lot to say to my one cat that used to be indoor/outdoor and fetched me a live grass snake onto my bed --with great pride!-- in the wee hours one morning. The snake wasn't harmed so of course I had to get it back outside again (and go close the damn cat door for the night). I didn't abuse my little huntress short of calling her everything but a child of God on my way downstairs. But I strung some set of words together that night. At least I didn't end up on all fours trying to get a cat and a snake out from under the bed with a broom. That might have rendered me speechless.

23. mobilehaathi thread starter macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

I had an outdoor cat who, quite thoughtfully, liked to bring me in the morning the tail and various assorted organs from her night's catch.