Omaha, NE (Village Pointe)

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by Lbacker, Jun 18, 2010.

1. Lbacker macrumors newbie

2. Hecklerdanny macrumors 6502

Hecklerdanny

Yup, I'll be there that morning to pick up the reserved iPhones for my wife and I. I live downtown in the Old Market so it takes me about a half hour to get there. I'll probably leave the loft around 5AM that morning.

I was there on "iPad Launch Morning" too, fun stuff.

3. ipodtouchy333 macrumors 65816

I will definitely be there as well. I didn't reserve an iphone so I hope they have enough inventory. I think they will for past experienced but it kind of bums me out they probably won't have the white iphone.

Does anyone know what time the store opens? The time I bought my 3g I believe the doors opened at 8 but am unsure this time. See you all in line!

4. Hecklerdanny macrumors 6502

Hecklerdanny

Store opens at 7AM. See ya there!

5. ipodtouchy333 macrumors 65816

I'm hoping to get a white one somehow but the chances are looking glim. Wonder what time I should get there. I'll probably get there at 5:45 or a little earlier.

6. brammp macrumors member

What about the AT&T store across from Village Pointe? Or the Best Buy at Village Pointe? Those are other options for walk-in sales, correct?

7. carolchj macrumors newbie

Best buy might not have sufficient inventory for some of their pre-orders apparently, what more for walk-ins?!
    I guess you could try your luck there though. Might have better chances with the AT&T store perhaps.

Couldn't pre-order mine too... Bummed that the white ones are nowhere to be found!

However, I'll still be in line! :)
    See you all bright and early!!!

8. jayhawk11 macrumors 6502a

jayhawk11

Yeah if you want one at all, Village Pointe's Apple Store is going to be your only bet. Should be fun...the employees made the iPad launch a great experience.

9. brammp macrumors member

10. D4RK STR1D3R macrumors newbie

Does anyone know how long the lines were in Omaha for last year's iPhone launch? I'm planning on getting there around 5am. I reserved an iPhone but I have to leave for a 5-day trip at noon so I want to get it early enough to get it all set up and loaded up with some tunes! I live in Lincoln, not looking forward to waking up at 4 but it's always fun to chill with some Apple peeps :)

11. brammp macrumors member

The iPad launch is more similar to the iPhone 4G launch. The 3GS was no where near the same level of interest as is the 4G.

12. jayhawk11 macrumors 6502a

jayhawk11

I was up at Village Pointe around 5 and there is already a line. About 10-15 people were stacked already.

13. Hecklerdanny macrumors 6502

Hecklerdanny

I've got 1 reserved for me and 1 for my wife. I'll probably try to get there around 5:45AM.

I have to be at a class on 108th & Maple at 8:30AM, so it should be interesting!

Worst case scenario is my wife will have to try and pick them around 11AM when she's done with work if I don't have enough time in the morning.

I was at the iPad launch there as well, it was a fun morning.

14. EasyRider macrumors regular

EasyRider

was thinking of showing up at 6am, have a reserved 32gb, when do you guys think the line will end? 1pm? 5pm?

makes sure you open yours and check for the yellow tint, if it has it replace it before you leave!

15. allebone macrumors newbie

Anyone had any success with walk-ins? I just had a horrible situation where my 3GS was destroyed, so I am now trying to upgrade, even though I hadn't planned to quite yet. No point in getting a 3GS at this point, but I can't go another week without any kind of phone.

Lady on the phone said, "Sorry we don't DO walk-ins."

16. wdwarriors macrumors newbie

Bumping this thread from my iPad. It is 3:40 A.M. and I am the first person in line here at the Village Pointe AT&T store. They have a designated line set up with a yellow chain. They are also limiting the sale of iPhone 4s to one per customer. That sucks because I was going to upgrade two of my lines. Oh well.

Anyone else planning on coming to this AT&T store?

17. wongulous macrumors 6502a

I guess no one met up for the iPhone 4S... and now it's time for iPhone 5! :D

Anyway, who knows what the preorder situation will be come 9/12, but if they won't have them shipped to be in-hand by the day before or day of launch, I'm probably going to be lining up at the Apple Store in Village Pointe, Omaha, Nebraska. My partner and I, probably, in case they institute the one-per-customer thing.

Anybody else? :)

18. funone0 macrumors member

Apple store Village Pointe iPhone 5s launch

Since Apple isn't offering pre-orders for the 5s I'm thinking about going to the Apple store and getting there around 11PM Thursday night and seeing what the line looks like and if it's worth waiting. If not then I'll stay in line and attempt to order one online and if it says I'll get it within the next week then leave otherwise I'll stay in line and try to see if I can still get one at the store.

For anyone who has gone to a iPhone or iPad launch there in the past and waited in line were you able to get what you wanted? What was your "strategy"? Do you think my plan will work or have any suggestions? Any help would be very much appreciated! :)

19. ipodtouchy333 macrumors 65816

I'll hopefully be there tomorrow morning. I believe they open at 8am (better check on that, ha.) I have only been there for one launch for the iPhone 3g and arrived probably about two hours before open and was about the 20th person in line or so. Got exactly what I wanted and a lot of other people seemed to also. Don't think theres too many overnight campers so I'm quite inclined to say you have a pretty good chance if you go two hours early or so. :)

20. GBR macrumors 6502

It's been a few years since I've lined up at the Village Pointe Apple Store, from those who have over the last couple years about what time does the line start getting really long?

From what I remember very few show up the night before and the line isn't that bad a couple hours before open, but again that was back with the iPhone 4 I believe, the last couple years may have been much worse.

21. GBR macrumors 6502

No Omaha love? I hope this is indicative of the line on friday, lol.

22. iCheddar macrumors 6502a

iCheddar

I'm from up in Sioux City, IA and didn't get a preorder because I only became upgrade eligible on the 15th. :mad:

I figure I'll roll out Thursday night and hope the line isn't too big. Here's to hoping I can pick up a gold 64gb 6+!

23. GBR macrumors 6502

Good luck! Thats a good plan, I'm going to kinda roll the dice and wake up at maybe 4-430am and head over, hoping to get there a little before 5. I'm going for a 6+ 64gb Verizon, I'm hoping they will have a decent stock!

24. iCheddar macrumors 6502a

iCheddar

How does the line work, given that it's an outdoor mall?

I know some places don't allow lines on the property before a certain time, even if it's outdoors.

25. GBR macrumors 6502

It's been a couple years since i've lined up at the VP apple store but in the past they let everyone line up right outside the apple store. At least the weather looks really nice, only a low of 61 tonight!