Omg !!! Best Buy Advertisement Saying "come In 'n Geet 'er!"

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Rybold, Sep 8, 2008.

1. Rybold macrumors 6502a

Rybold

I opened up my Sunday paper this morning and to my shock and surprise, I was face on with this :eek: :confused: :eek: :confused: :eek:
    I freaked out, I panicked, I almost fainted ! I didn't know what to do! Should I go buy another one?

Free Advertising for Apple :D :apple:
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. reliantj macrumors 6502

yeah i should know. i work there.
    too bad bby is expecting the iphone to improve revenue.
    i thought,"the ****in iphone has been out for months, there isn't gonna be a line outside."
    guess what 1 person came in looking for the iphone. wah wah.

but i'm still getting it at the end of the month along with my
    $5 invisible shield and switcheasy neo. woot.

3. helios12 macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

Im flying to the states in a few weeks, can I go into a BestbuyMobile and buy this straight of the shelf? I assumed its locked, and here in the UK we have Pay as you go... will this iphone be locked to AT&T and will it be on a 12/18 month contract?

Or will it just be an AT&T sim which is not on a contract. Sorry if I sound like an idiot lol, but I am not familiar with phone plans in the US.

4. hexonxonx macrumors 601

You will have to activate it with an AT&T account before you leave the store with it, just like with an Apple or AT&T store.

5. Loonytik macrumors 6502a

Loonytik

I may be missing the whole point of this thread but, the news that the Iphone was gonna be at Best Buy came out a month ago.

6. ryanwarsaw macrumors 68000

ryanwarsaw

Having it in more places can't be a bad thing.

7. Carl G35c macrumors 6502

I work there too, we sold a total of 2 at our store. I think BBYM didn't know what to expect. It did bring customers in, but mostly to look at the phone and ask if they could buy it w/o a contract...nope. but with it, it does drive our accessories and marketshare.

IS is great, I put it on mine the day I bought my 3G. And it was attatched to both of our 3Gs that were sold

8. Rybold thread starter macrumors 6502a

Rybold

Yes, there was news a month ago. But, yesterday that news became a reality. Starting yesterday, you can literally walk into a Best Buy store and buy an iPhone3G. Why is this huge? Because not every American has an Apple store in their neighborhood, but some of those people do have a Best Buy store.

9. lakaiordie macrumors 65816

and everyone has a at&t store nearby too.

10. ~Phi macrumors regular

That's what she said! :D

11. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Yes, but if they're like me they avoid going into ANY cell phone store if at all possible.

I live near a lot of Apple stores, but if I didn't I'd be much happier to go to a Best Buy than an AT&T store.

12. gdeputy macrumors 6502a

gdeputy

Why is that? I have an apple store right by me but I opted to go to the (10 minutes) closer ATT store and it was a pleasant trip. The store is real nice inside and they were easy to deal with.

13. mcflirty99 macrumors member

I didn't want to make a new topic about this but which is the best option for me?

Go buy online at ATT using the business/premier/fan account or go to an actual ATT / Apple store and buying it there?

14. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

either one, but you won't get a discount on the purchase of the phone with a FAN account, as the FAN only applies to the phone plans. So it won't matter if you go to an Apple store, Best Buy, or ATT store, because it will cost the same regardless.

You will, however see some sort of discount on your monthly bill.

BL.

15. StoneColdSober macrumors 6502

You forgot to mention that if you have a FAN discount and want to buy the iPhone anywhere other than AT&T you will need to get the FAN discount removed from your account and then added back on after you buy the iPhone (that is if you are already an AT&T customer, if you aren't you will just have to get the FAN discount added on after getting the iPhone).

16. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Good catch! I totally forgot about that! I didn't add mine until I had the phone anyway, so I would have missed that. So the best bet would be to get the phone first, then add the FAN to your account.

BL.

17. Cynicalone macrumors 68040

Cynicalone

I was at Best Buy today picking up some ink cartridges for my printer. They had the iPhone in the half ass Apple store section. Nobody was paying it any attention. This would have had a lot more impact a month ago. On even more so on July 11th.

18. mcflirty99 macrumors member

I will buy it from the apple store :eek:

Also, i got the $25 referral thing from this nubcake called alex...

So should I signup under alex's referral thingy then after, apply th FAN thing?

How can I do this?

I need $25 to compensate for the $700 first month bill :(

19. Rybold thread starter macrumors 6502a

Rybold

So, today I went to one of the Best Buy stores in my area (Costa Mesa, CA), and there were THREE large signs outside of the store advertising the iPhone3G, one sign in the "double door area," and several more signs inside the doors. NO ONE COULD MISS IT !!! And as I walked past those signs, there was this "mystical" display with demo iPhones on it. Grrrrrrrrreat Job at advertising, Best Buy! :D:D:D

(plus they have a whole brochure devoted to the iPhone3G, with four pages of accessories)

http://www.apple.com/iphone/buy/
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcmcat160500050018&type=category&DCMP=rdr0001594

20. Rybold thread starter macrumors 6502a

Rybold

Does anyone here work for Best Buy? Are you guys actually selling iPhones? (what I mean is ... are people actually coming in and buying iPhones at Best Buy?)