"omg can i see your iphone 5??"

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by XrAdEr, Oct 4, 2012.

1. XrAdEr macrumors member

Anyone still getting this a lot lately? Even thought the iP5 has been out for over a week? When I take my iPhone out in college just to use it, atleast 3-5 people want to touch it and hold it. Gotten to the point where I have to hide my phone to use it.

Ahh gotta love these people also. The "I dont give a **** about the new iPhone 5, it's just longer.. people" When I take it out, "Can I see it??!?!?!" (Guess people can't stand the beauty of the iPhone 5 =D)

Just a fun rant =)
    Feel free to share your experiences also!

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I get that too.
    I'm surprised they notice right away it's an iPhone 5 even with a case on.

3. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

think that is bad? i remember when the first iphone or ipod touch came out ( i had the touch) and people ALWAYS had to see it

4. GetSwole37 macrumors member

Nope. I think most people I had to "show it off" to them.

5. maverick22 macrumors 6502

I'm surprised people can even notice the difference. I probably couldn't tell the difference unless it was right in front of my face. Even then I'd probably have to do a double-take!

6. Fanboi4life macrumors regular

Fanboi4life

I had a black case over my ip4. I have a black case over my ip5. No one has even noticed.

It's okay though, I'm 42, not 15...:D

7. Matt8045 macrumors regular

Full time college student had it since day one only one person has mentioned it and that was today. Looks too similar to i4 or I look scary and no one wants to approach me lol

8. anthonyfellows macrumors member

Yeah I'm surprised people even realize it's an iPhone 5 as well. If you're a hardcore iPhone fan, I'm sure you would notice, but those people already have their phones. I had people want to see the 4 when I got it, but there was a huge difference in the design.

9. XrAdEr thread starter macrumors member

Hehe yea, surprised they can even tell the difference even with a case on!

10. vastoholic macrumors 68000

vastoholic

I have never had anyone ask to see my phone other than family members who knew I was buying it and wanted me to show them "what this phone does that my old one couldn't". They thoroughly enjoy giving me crap about upgrading my iPhones.

11. TheMacBookPro macrumors 68020

TheMacBookPro

And they always mistook the touch for an iPhone, even with the reflective chrome back :p

12. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

When I got the 1st iPhone I got that NON STOP.

However, with the i5 I haven't got it even once.. probably because it really resembles the i4, etc, unless you really look at it to investigate.

13. apierrec macrumors 6502

Random people would immediately notice my iP5. It's totally naked. And I can't blame them because iP5's beauty is really jaw-dropping in person. :D

It's thinness and obvious narrower width than their phones makes iP5 instantly recognizable.

14. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

My friends and family used to give me a hard time but I'd just answer with nonstop explanations of the upgrades.. they finally gave up asking me because they knew they'd get a college course on phone tech. ;)

15. erratikmind macrumors 6502a

erratikmind

Perhaps, when I got the iP2g. However, iPhones are quite common around here. No one notices nor really cares.

16. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

I had someone geek out on me because they thought my iPhone 4S was an iPhone 5 because I was taking a panoramic photograph. :rolleyes:

17. mnsportsgeek macrumors 65816

I've had friends ask to see it because they knew I was getting one. I've never had anyone come up to me and ask to see it though. I've only seen two others out in the wild besides mine which is surprising since I go to a University with 50,000+ people.

18. dunxxx macrumors regular

I get that when at school. They ask, "So how is it?! Do you love it?!"

I say no, its a stupid phone. Not much different coming from the iPhone 4.

:cool:

19. mnsportsgeek macrumors 65816

I guess the guy that saw me walking out of the mall on launch day said, "Was it worth the wait?" I said, "You mean the 30 minutes I waited before the store opens? Yes." You should have seen the surprised look on his face. Didn't say a word. It's those stupid samsung commercials that make it look like we all slept in sleeping bags on the sidewalk the night before.

People always think they are clever when they are just idiots.

20. adztaylor macrumors 68000

I got some people asking to look at it when they saw me using it on launch day and a couple of days after. But that's about it.

21. yukari macrumors regular

I am traveling oversea with it and because it is not available here, everyone wants to see it. Mine only has Zagg shield on it so it looks completely native.

It's a good conversation starter...:D

22. apierrec macrumors 6502

Haha. I did that too once to someone who I know is a P___ :D, just to shut him down. :cool:

23. yeah macrumors 6502a

yeah

I diagnosed this problem. Those people have a case of Android-fanboy disease.
    They need "Apple" medication to realize that the iPhone 5 is the most sexiest and fastest phone there is.

24. Tyga macrumors newbie

We aren't even supposed to have our phones at school, and most people only have either an iPhone 4 or a 4S. They haven't upgraded and claim that the 5 is only longer and a useless upgrade, but every time I pull out my phone it's "Can I hold it??" I've even had people come to me for the sole purpose of asking to see it; it's annoying. I like the attention though :)

25. Omacc macrumors member

i don't let no one touch my 5.. let alone touch me. don't touch me