Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MuddyPaws1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 14, 2012
At work I was talking to a lady in the office about the iP5. She knows I have had all the iP's since the first and she knows i'm pretty much a Apple guy. Many of the people at work bring their stuff to me to fix, organize, convert, update, jailbreak...etc.

She says "I noticed you haven't put in for a personal day for the iPhone launch." I said yea, not getting this one, features are not what I want, don't want a taller phone....etc. Same stuff echoed on here by many. Bottom line, just not for me.

:eek:Was her face. Are you kidding me? She went on to tell me about the "faster" "better" all that jazz that the diehards here say about it. But then I say yea, I know, it's just not what I am looking for. Then she goes on to say what about the laser keyboard that projects out of it and what about being able to sit it on a desk and have it display on the wall like a projector and what about the fact that you don't have to plug it in to charge because it has the kinetic charger....and and and....The new iPad can fold up.

:confused::confused::confused:

I said...."Wow, you really need to stop surfing YouTube."

:p

When I left the office, she and others still didn't believe me that those videos were not real.

DeusInvictus7

macrumors 68020
Aug 13, 2008
Kitchener, Ontario
Yeah, I work in wireless sales and I have had a few customers ask about when the iPhone will get that laser keyboard and projector stuff.

It's crazy how many people are easily affected by viral media.

rever3nce

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2011
I work wireless sales and asked a lady if she wanted to upgrade from her iPhone 4 to the new 5. She replied " I was very disappointed that it didn't have the hologram keyboard like they said it would, That was one of the main reasons I was interested in the new iPhone." I just did a palm face in my mind and wanted to run away

Gathomblipoob

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
Coincidentally, I have a coworker who said that his friend works at Sprint and both of them saw an iPhone 5 "prototype" at the Sprint store. He said it had some sort of holographic keyboard and a projector.

rever3nce

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2011
Coincidentally, I have a coworker who said that his friend works at Sprint and both of them saw an iPhone 5 "prototype" at the Sprint store. He said it had some sort of holographic keyboard and a projector.

That will never happen in a device that thin. And if it did, it wouldn't be $199 anymore and people would complain about that. Plus that "prototype" video was when the 4s wasn't even out lol.

MuddyPaws1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 14, 2012
Yea, I knew exactly where she got her info from. We have all seen the videos. Most of them are pretty well done but still. I face palmed for real. Then gave up.

rever3nce

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2011
for those who said they work in retail sales, what do you tell the people (millions) that ask "whats the difference between the 5 and 4s" Like do people not know that apple.com tell's you everything?!

DeusInvictus7

macrumors 68020
Aug 13, 2008
Kitchener, Ontario
for those who said they work in retail sales, what do you tell the people (millions) that ask "whats the difference between the 5 and 4s" Like do people not know that apple.com tell's you everything?!

It gets very repetitive, but working with cell phones it happens with any manufacturer. Luckily, we have computers right next to our cell phone displays so we can pull up info like the Apple comparison site to show customers.

miamialley

macrumors 68040
Jul 28, 2008
California, USA
Lol, I had a friend (who isn't a tech geek) a couple of weeks ago tell me the new iPhone would have the laser keyboard thing.

Edit: Oh, and the same girl, when seeing my iPhone 4 was confused that couldn't see through it. She said she thought it was made of glass and therefore should be able to completely see though the device.

Face palm.

Last edited:

MuddyPaws1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 14, 2012

Hey hey....this isn't about what's the difference between the two and I don't want it going all sideways with the Fanboys saying it's the greatest thing on the planet and then people like me having to say it isn't for me and then me being called a Fandroid and then the thread going 400 pages fighting over whether or not a nano sim or a new connector is a benefit or not.

This is about people that believe everything they see on YouTube and it was just supposed to be a funny story to lighten up the mood around here since there seems to be a divide among the members and many threads have gotten nasty.

Think of this thread as a Sunday morning funny page. :eek:

iEnvy

macrumors 65816
Jun 25, 2010
DFW
College isn't any better. Hipsters always get the latest and greatest but don't even know why. :rolleyes:

In one of my classes:
Girl: Oh wow! So you got it?! Whats so different about it?
Uber hipster guy: Well I know it has LTE and the screen is like 4" long this time! I don't know what else but hey, its iPhone!
Girl: OMG wow, I want one!
UHG: hahahhaaha
Girl: hahahha

Me: (Refer to Avatar)

Effing true story I kid you not.

Prof.

macrumors 603
Aug 17, 2007
Chicagoland
I don't know where this "projector iPhone" rumor came from, but one of my coworkers was so excited to tell me she couldn't wait to get one. A projector iPhone... :rolleyes:

*face palm*

Technarchy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2012
Had a co-worker tell me iPhone 5 had a clear screen...this was after the reveal.

Damn fool

Emilio G

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2008
West Palm Beach, FL
A friend of mine told me that his friend said he heard the iPhone 5 has teleporting abilities. The kicker was his example....

"So you can put a bag of weed on the screen and the new iPhone will teleport it to another iPhone somewhere else"

true story, unfortunately.

Jimbo47

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2010
Kind of reminds me of the 4S release. I had people telling me they wanted the 4S, but were passing up on it because of the slide out keyboard.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
She's not gullible. The iPhone 5 has what she wants or she's satisfied with the specs. So cares? It's not your money or life.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.