iPhone X OMG... I Have an f/1.4 Lens in My Pocket!

HelloMikee

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 16, 2009
San Diego
I'm kind of freaking out. As a photographer, portrait mode was cool but also a bit finicky and slow at times so I rarely used it. But I'm amazed at how this can create real looking depth in the out of focus areas, making it much more believable as a portrait lens. Wow!

IMG_0003.jpeg

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
Sorry, you’re evidently not a pro enough photographer if you enjoy your iPhone camera.

Wait for the comments.

“Rubbish! I’ll stick with my T2.95-3.7 Lens next time I want a half decent picture of my dog.”

“Bokeh effect?! More like CRAPPY effect. So much tear.”

“This picture is so noisy, you might as well have photographed a room of screaming toddlers.”

adammull

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2009
Sorry, you’re evidently not a pro enough photographer if you enjoy your iPhone camera.

Wait for the comments.

“Rubbish! I’ll stick with my T2.95-3.7 Lens next time I want a half decent picture of my dog.”

“Bokeh effect?! More like CRAPPY effect. So much tear.”

“This picture is so noisy, you might as well have photographed a room of screaming toddlers.”
I've tried NUMEROUS cameras from the Leica XQC-200 to the Nikon D9 but nothing COMPARES to the photos I take on my iPhone 4S. It is THE BEST camera for TRUE photophiles.

-Some moron about 5 min from now

rafark

macrumors 65816
Sep 1, 2017
I am no photographer, and while the pic is nice, it still has that grainy touch to it i don't like.

Reactions: Hernan4651
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.