OMG iPhone5 Shortage driving me nuts!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MBX, Nov 1, 2012.

1. MBX macrumors 65816

Waiting since over a month now to get an iPhone5 and still no available. Now they delayed the shipping into December.

Grrrrrrrrr :mad:

2. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

are you in the US? its quite easy to find one at 3rd party retailers. I.E. target, bestbuy, radioshack, walmart.

just call around daily when they open. Use bestbuys website to check whats in stores in your area etc.
    I mean you gotta be calling daily.. which is a pain...but its not impossible.

3. MBX thread starter macrumors 65816

I'm in NYC and this storm that just happened doesn't help either. I know i should be happy nothing more serious happened and i know there are people affected badly by the storm so my complaint is a "FirstWorldProblem" but my old iPhone broke and i'm still without a phone since like a month now and i dont wanna get 4S.

4. frayne182 macrumors 6502

Ordered mine and got it exactly 2 weeks later.

Using it now. Sometimes i forget its even a new phone truthfully. Looks so much like my iPhone 4.

5. henryonapple macrumors 6502

yeah i see very little difference as well

6. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

also.. using the reservation system is by far the easiest.. (assuming there is an apple store) as long as you check right at 10 PM.. stock is usually gone by 10:30 usually sooner.

7. Cebuano1976 macrumors regular

^^^ This.

Exactly what I did. Got it Oct. 19, 4 weeks? after first available in stores.

8. frayne182 macrumors 6502

lol my sister just ordered hers on Monday and got the shipping notice today. Will be here tomorrow.

Not trying to brag, but maybe you should call. I think they aren't in that short of supply anymore.

9. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

yeah me three... NOT hah
    its just so much thinner/lighter than a 4 and 4s.
    The speed of the phone isnt too noticeable compared to a 4s.. but to a 4?? it does laps around it.

10. frayne182 macrumors 6502

Truth speed and lightness.

I actually prefer a heavier phone. I feel like this will slip out of my hand.

But for the most part I don't have the feeling of a new phone like I normally do. Its odd.

Still love it, just not crazy.

11. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

yeah i agree with that.. when i got my 4s it seemed so "new" for months.. i guess because siri was such a new thing, and the camera was just miles ahead of the 4. (well any phone at the time)
    where as my 5.. is just form factor.. lte is awesome..but ive had that on my ipad, dont really notice the speed vs my 4s unless im rebooting my phone lol. and my eyes have already adjusted to the 4" screen.
    not that i dont love my 5 :p

12. frayne182 macrumors 6502

yeah don't get me wrong. I love the phone. Just not feeling the joy I felt before.

I went from the 3g to the 4 and my eyes were blown away at the screen.

I went from 6 to midnight if you know what I'm saying.

[​IMG]

13. henryonapple macrumors 6502

the 4S to me just feels more "quality"

the iPhone5 is so light, it feels cheap

14. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

[​IMG]

----------

i can feel ya on that.. idk if it feels cheap to me.. just more fragile. cheap would be a 4s compared to an sIII IMO

15. apprunner macrumors regular

I notice a huge leap in screen quality. The 5 is definitely crisper...better colors. Also battery life is a HUGE improvement over the 4S. Getting 8-10 hours of usage per day...better than my 4 even. :)

16. frayne182 macrumors 6502

Thats true the contrast is higher, I don't know about crisper though. Colours feel more colourful lol

I do love the phone though and would never go back to my iPhone4.

I just am nit picking probably. Just being a prick about this phone on this fine Thursday afternoon.

17. Want300 macrumors 65816

Want300

This is what has always worked well for me:

The second box from the left on the bottom shows: Order online, pick up in store... You have to do it between 10 pm and 4 am... This allows you to reserve one at a near by Apple store. Previous models they got new shipments almost everyday.

So checking a little after 10 pm the night before will work better than calling Apple in the morning. This was how I got my 4S when they were still hard to find in those first weeks after launch.

http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/shop_iphone

18. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

yeah!! i was so disappointed with going from my 4 to 4s battery.. and the never ending updates that promised to fix it

The 5 battery is by far the most underrated feature IMO. thanks for pointing it out! i forgot

19. richmds macrumors regular

Just for the weightless ness compared to the 4 and the battery. The 5 is by far better.