OMG! Just purchased the 2.4ghz MBP on Sunday!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Celedral, Jun 9, 2009.

1. Celedral macrumors 6502

Celedral

Purchased a Unibody Macbook Pro yesterday thinking that WWDC would only be about Snow Leopard and iPhones. Boy was I wrong, but good thing though since the New MBP wouldn't even turn on. So basically defective laptop so no need to pay the restocking fee. I called in and they said they would replace it with the new one when it comes in, which they said would be the 10th this wednesday.

man this would of pisst the HELL out of me if i had to live yesterdays technology bc I bought it a day early.

Anyone else with this issue?

2. Andrew Henry macrumors 6502a

As long as you bought it from Apple you have 14 days no questions asked to return it, you would have been fine even if it wasnt DOA...

3. Celedral thread starter macrumors 6502

Celedral

Really? the guy said that once its opened they have to charge a 15% restocking fee.

4. Sneakz macrumors 65816

Sneakz

Call Apple and complain. They really shouldn't charge you a restocking fee.

5. RetepNamenots macrumors 6502

Unless you didn't buy it from Apple in the first place.

6. Sneakz macrumors 65816

Sneakz

Well yeah, I'm just assuming he did buy it from Apple.

7. amoda macrumors 6502a

...or you could've waited 24hs and avoided all this

8. kidtronix macrumors regular

Not to be rude, but why would you buy a computer 1 day before a major Apple event?

9. Outrigger macrumors 68000

Outrigger

I didn't realize a processor bump and a replacement of the expresscard would be considered yesterday's technology. :rolleyes:

But no issues here!

10. Bnitez macrumors newbie

I had ordered one last week and as i logged on to macrumors i saw that there was a new one. i had ordered a 15" max specced and the newer one is not only cheaper, its better specs. luckily it hadnt shipped yet and i was able to cancel and order myself a new one. this all happened 5 minutes after the apple online store was turned back on. i live in switzerland and im damn sure i was the first person (maybe even in europe) to order one. it was fast

11. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

You should have waited, I think the advice on the net, from the month of May and on was do not buy any apple hardware unless you have too because WWDC is coming.

I was one of the folks who didn't think apple was going to update their computers buy my advice was always the same, wait especially since you bought your laptop 1 day before WWDC.

edit:
    btw, I think the older unibody MBP is better then the new one thanks to the expresscard slot

12. ViciousShadow21 macrumors 68020

ViciousShadow21

im glad i didnt wait. Apple basically downgraded most of their MBP line and are covering it up with a supposedly better screen.

13. Ogmaard macrumors newbie

I just bought a 13" Macbook last week, so I'm thinking that it's going back to the store now. The new MBP 13" is faster, cheaper, longer battery life, and then adding the illuminated keyboard it's a no-brainer.

It's my first Mac so I wasn't familar with their release cycle, and of course my birthday falls a week before WWDC...

Any idea when the new ones will show up in the Apple Stores? I'm guessing they'll have them pretty quickly, but it's going to be hard to wait now. I never was good at delayed gratification.

14. pufftissue macrumors regular

I would feel exactly the same way if I bought 24 hours before a new model came out. Emotionally I would be mad, but deep down inside I know I would only have myself to blame since the information was readily available on the net everywhere.

Luckily there are people out there who still don't know that new ones have been released, and you could always sell your brand-old laptop to someone who can then maybe a week later realize in horror "OHSHIMYGOSH".

15. Celedral thread starter macrumors 6502

Celedral

Yeah I did purchase it from the apple store, and many people were telling me that Apple was NOT going to update the notebook line up. Who would of guessed it, all this hype about the iphone and mac tablet lead everyone away from the notebook update discussions. Well good thing is that I got a defective unit so They will replace it free of charge.