Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jesuisme

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 12, 2003
Orlando, Florida, USA
Dear All,

I recently switched to Mac from PC and I need an application to replace Visio. I used Visio for doing flowcharts and UML Diagrams. I found out about OmniGraffle and Concept Draw, but can't seem to find a review comparing the two of them. If anyone has had experience with one or both programs coming from Visio, I would greatly appreciate the comments.

Thanks!

ThomasW

macrumors member
Nov 27, 2003
You could download trial versions of both applications, OmniGroup offers a limited version of OmniGraffle for free, and Concept Draw is available as a 30-day trial.
I use OmniGraffle and I think it's a fantastic application, but I have never tried Concept Draw and I'm not coming from Visio.

kugino

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2003
i use omnigraffle as well...it's a really good program. i believe they allow visio imports, so you can check on that. can't help you with the comparative aspects, but i can give a vote for omnigraffle. the pro version is also very good.

James_C

macrumors 68030
Sep 13, 2002
Bristol, UK
I used to use Viso a lot for flowcharts to document procedures and workflows. OminiGraffle is a better product IMO than Viso.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.