On a scale of 1-10, how happy are you with Leopard so far?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by queshy, Oct 26, 2007.

?

On a scale of 1-10, how happy are you with Leopard, so far? (10 = extremely happy)

1. 1

11 vote(s)
    4.2%
  2. 2

5 vote(s)
    1.9%
  3. 3

2 vote(s)
    0.8%
  4. 4

2 vote(s)
    0.8%
  5. 5

13 vote(s)
    4.9%
  6. 6

14 vote(s)
    5.3%
  7. 7

34 vote(s)
    12.9%
  8. 8

71 vote(s)
    27.0%
  9. 9

67 vote(s)
    25.5%
  10. 10

44 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. queshy macrumors 68040

queshy

Please, only those who have actually purchased a copy and have played with it enough to form a valid opinion (a few hours, perhaps).

Rate how happy you are with it on a scale from 1-10, 1 being extremely unhappy and 10 being extremely happy.

My rating - 8.

Originally it was a 9, for me. No 10 because there are some very slight awkwardnesses (my iMac starts to go to sleep during front row - sort of, dock bounces acting a bit funny, photobooth moving backgrounds don't work that well, etc) - but I Guess that's to be expected. But I lowered it to an 8 after doing an upgrade on my iMac - it gave me the BSoL. Then I had to do an archive-and-install - it's working fine now. But for that annoyance (Cost me around an hour due to researching the problem), I am lowering my rating to an 8.

What does everybody else think?

2. Legacy macrumors 6502

6, sluggish at times. Might mean I erase/install now... but on the whole decent

3. tooshaggy macrumors regular

tooshaggy

I like it. Pretty snazzy.
    I need to do a reboot though and se if its any faster.
    Good show tho.
    I am really happy because now my info syncs to my iPhone correctly.
    Before, bookmarks, and contacts would not sync.

4. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

5. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

Early days yet. 5/10 unless the speed improves.

6. Me1000 macrumors 68000

Me1000

8/10

Everything is wonderful, spotlight search is literally instant now!

But the fact I can backup my mac to my NAS drive because it connects via SMB is ridiculous! :rolleyes:

7. queshy thread starter macrumors 68040

queshy

It'll be interesting to average this all out...it seems to be pretty much across the upper half of the board.

8. kaytill macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3A110a Safari/419.3)

9/10 itunes has shut down on me twice but other than that... Love it!

9. queshy thread starter macrumors 68040

queshy

Weird...a lot of people are complaining of crashes...I've been using Leopard all day on 3 Macs and haven't had a single crash.

And ya, spotlight is literally instant. Incredible.

10. CANEHDN macrumors 6502a

CANEHDN

I am so happy I bought this. I runs smooth and wicked quick. I've only noticed one little quirk. When trying to reposition icons on the side dock it doesn't like to actually move the icon. The Icon floats right back to where it was. Oh yeah, I also can't remove the mounted drives. I try to eject them and they stay there. That's starting to bug me. Other than that, AWESOME.

11. GNice macrumors 6502

9 for me (nothing is perfect :) ) Seriously I don't know how the install could have been smoother...and I did an upgrade. It's snappy, looks good and things are working just as advertised.

12. seh80 macrumors 6502

seh80

9/10. I'm very pleased so far. Safari has crashed a couple of times, and photobooth is a big mess, but everything else is really nice. :)

13. ElderBrE macrumors regular

ElderBrE

If it wasn't for the finder speed improvements, I wouldn't have noticed I upgraded. Nothing too useful to set apart from Tiger.. but I welcome the finder speed.

Flash isn't working on Safari though.

14. juanster macrumors 68020

juanster

8 because mail keeps crashing on me and because now for some reason it's not allowing me to drag something from my external drive to my connected computer upstairs, but im sure apple will make it 10 soon when the fixes start showing up, i give it a week max...

15. dkeninitz macrumors regular

I love the way the program works (and would have given it a 9.5) except that I'm having major installation problem on the 3 of the 5 machines I'm upgrading - BSoD. I think Apple really dropped the ball on making sure the upgrade function was ready for prime time. So I only gave it a 7.

16. /dev/toaster macrumors 68020

/dev/toaster

I put an 8 ... The changes made to timemachine before release were unacceptable and really screwed up my plans.

17. visch1 macrumors newbie

Very low because all I have is a Macbook Pro 17" screen thats solid blue with at least the pointer showing. Thank God I made a fresh clone on the 200G FW drive to test it with.

18. Daiden macrumors 6502a

Daiden

10 from me. I'm not the type to nitpick little issues on an OS upgrade so huge. Definitely there are some issues (like the photobooth background bugs and a few wacky things with mounting DMGs) but nothing major. For me, things run a lot faster, look a lot nicer, and there are quite a few more features available (I love Spaces) so I have zero complaints.

Nice job, Apple. I certainly feel the value provided was worth the investment.

*edit* Oh, and I don't get disconnected from my router every so often. I'm really happy about that.

19. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

8/10

Leopard is awesome! it runs very fast on my MBP. i love spaces, time machine and the unified UI (no more UNO!). only problems ive had are that some of my must have apps dont work like pacifist, onyx and fan control and time machine crashed the first time i used it but other than that its awesome.

one thing apple could do with stacks is bring back the hierarchial menu on dock folders. it would be nice to have the right click menu and fan/grid stacks.

20. yoyo5280 macrumors 68000

yoyo5280

Me: I fresh installed Leopard on my mac mini I have never been happier.

Dad: He is not as happy. He doesn't see the big deal. Also, my mom's macbook is not doing well. Trying to fix it now.

21. thebassoonist macrumors 6502a

thebassoonist

I have been extremely happy with Leopard so far! The new Front Row is great, I love the new dock, Spaces is great. I also like Stacks. And Time Machine is brilliant. So... 10 out of 10!

22. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

8 only because i'm not yet used to it, and there are some quirks i need to figure out. it's surprisingly different from tiger, though it doesn't look like it so much from the surface.

23. willybNL macrumors 6502

wow... So 1 of the most used apps don't work as it should... and still a 9.
    I would love to be sysadmin at your place, I wonder when you do complain :D:D (Could you explain why still a 9 (if 10 is best?), that is real real high).

24. whiteyanderson macrumors 6502

i gave it a 9.

at first an 8 when i did an archive and install the first time. it did well but, i wasn't feeling stoked, seemed a tad sluggish, restarted ran much better but, choppy in parts. backed up to time machine (accidentally erased my superduper clone!), inserted the install disk again and crossed my fingers. restarted did an erase and install, used migration tool to import all my stuff back in from time machine. crossed my fingers again. clean install makes it almost perfect!

i deduct for time machine. it is nice, it preserved my settings and apps perfectly. but so does superduper. what i deduct for with TM is the lack of ability to schedule backups. i don't feel the need to have it constantly running and filling up and spinning my external HD with a zillion backups. maybe it's just me though. other thanthat gripe- yeah very nice. fast, snappy, looks good. don't mind the dock at all. all my apps work (especially PS CS3- i am a retoucher). i use a grey desktop so the bar does not look transparent up top. good stuff, and i'm sure it will get even better as we go along.

25. yetanotherdave macrumors 68000

yetanotherdave

8 because they broke safari, in that input managers like saft and acidsearch no longer work. I used acidsearch constantly, and saft was brilliant. I may find myself going to firefox if it doesn't get fixed.