On Craigslist there are a few people who can get brand new phones straight from carri

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mplayers2005, Aug 23, 2013.

1. mplayers2005 macrumors newbie

On Craigslist there are a few Individuals who can get brand new iphones or android phones straight from carrier, they can get as many as Someone need, but how? I asked one guy how can you get brand new phones in large Quantities and was told they bought them for full prices, which I know is a lie when they re sell them for around 350-450. One guy told me his dad has great credit so he can open up a business account and order up to 100 phones, which to me sounds like a possibl answer to my question, but must of the people who Claim they can get larger quantities of new phones usually look like they do not have the best of credit, or own a business. They can't Continuously buy phones like for example, if I needed 5 phones today and 7 phones next week, they could only do the 5 phones today and wait a while then do another batch sometime else.

My question are:

1. How are they doing this

2. Is this illegal ( my hint would be yeah but you never know, might be a loop hole or something)

2. Mrbobb macrumors 601

3. 617aircav Suspended

Have they actually supplied you 5 iphones? How do you know they can do it. Have you seen the phones physically?

4. JGC1986 macrumors regular

JGC1986

Internal employees and/or contractors for Verizon can most likely mess with the computer system and make accounts eligible for an upgrade....

5. applle macrumors newbie

What some people do is they purchase phones using other people's upgrades. I do not know the specifics but I do know that people are registered as authorized users of a certain account (one which they did not create) with the necessary information and utilize the upgrades available on the account.

From the carrier's end, they're happy because someone is locked into a new two-year contract, and the other people are happy because the ones who have their upgrades taken get paid a small amount of money and the other party can sell the phones to their liking.

This is seen especially with Verizon devices as they are factory GSM unlocked at the time of purchase. iPhones sent overseas are often sold at a much higher price than in the United States as well.

The more you know...

PS. This information is speculation and is not a sign that I myself condone or participate with these actions

6. 617aircav Suspended

But the op has not stated whether he has actually been supplied those phones in that quantity. Anyone can post iphones for sale as a scam.

7. mplayers2005 thread starter macrumors newbie

No I met with one guy bout a year ago who Literally just walked out of AT&T kios with 3 brand new activated iphone 4, he is doing the same thing that these other Individuals are doing.

A few days ago I met with someone who had 4 brand new cricket galaxy s4.

----------

The people I usually meet don't seem to work for the carrier or even for a carrier or resell celluar company. Some of the people I met have someone to drive them to me sometimes

8. 617aircav Suspended

Ok the guy you saw bought the phoned from a store, what's puzzling about that.

9. justabrake macrumors member

justabrake

what gets me as I buy on ebay a lot ! as the ipads or iphones get to the end of year old date I see the weirdest people going on and selling these brand new from all over the country and they all have 100% feedback but a low feedback :confused: I'm wondering how do they get these phones and ipads ? They hardly sell anything but one device and thats it, Strange !

10. CEmajr macrumors 601

It's usually acquired through fraud if they have large quantities. Likely done with help of internal employees or with business accounts. I've encountered people who could go into different AT&T stores and walk out with 5 brand new iPhones or with business accounts who would literally have entire boxes of them.

Carriers don't love them because obviously these guys are never going to pay a bill on those accounts so the carriers end up giving away a $650 phone for $200.

Due to the value of the phones, AT&T tends to get hit with these type of scams more than any other carrier.

11. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

I also know people that purposely ruin their credit to make a profit on maxing out the lines on a family or business account. Sad world.

12. mplayers2005 thread starter macrumors newbie

wow were in the same city, and that is exactly where must of this type of active is at larger. I want to buy from some of these people but just don't know the risk ill take on doing so.

----------

I think your missing the points I'M trying to make.

13. 617aircav Suspended

They will never turn a profit doing that. They will owe forever. People do that with other peoples identity, not their own.

14. narutoninjakid macrumors 6502

This is most likely true. I wonder as well but I guess I will never know