? on getting factory unlocked

otter2208

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 31, 2012
I was wondering how these people on ebay get so many phones to unlock. I purchased a phone from ebay, contacted AT&T and they said I must fax them the original receipt. I tried 3 more times and even the international number and got the same response every time. I tried to do it over the web and again I must fax receipt. How are these people doing it? AT&T said they would not take my ebay receipt. I tried to email AT&T but you must have an AT&T account. I tried to register but again you must have an AT&T account. Any help folks?

AttilaTheHun

macrumors 65816
Feb 18, 2010
USA
I was wondering how these people on ebay get so many phones to unlock. I purchased a phone from ebay, contacted AT&T and they said I must fax them the original receipt. I tried 3 more times and even the international number and got the same response every time. I tried to do it over the web and again I must fax receipt. How are these people doing it? AT&T said they would not take my ebay receipt. I tried to email AT&T but you must have an AT&T account. I tried to register but again you must have an AT&T account. Any help folks?
I don't get it what do you want from AT&T if you don't have account with them?

m0no

macrumors regular
Jan 8, 2009
You don't need AT&T to do it for you. As mentioned, there are many discussions about this and you can pay a small for this via eBay.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.