? on getting factory unlocked

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by otter2208, Oct 1, 2012.

1. otter2208 macrumors newbie

I was wondering how these people on ebay get so many phones to unlock. I purchased a phone from ebay, contacted AT&T and they said I must fax them the original receipt. I tried 3 more times and even the international number and got the same response every time. I tried to do it over the web and again I must fax receipt. How are these people doing it? AT&T said they would not take my ebay receipt. I tried to email AT&T but you must have an AT&T account. I tried to register but again you must have an AT&T account. Any help folks?

2. haxrnick macrumors 6502a

haxrnick

They probably have a contact on the inside that just pushes the IMEI through.

3. otter2208 thread starter macrumors newbie

But theres hundreds - There must be an easier way. If not - ANYONE work for AT&T and wanna be friends???? LOL!!!!

4. AttilaTheHun macrumors 6502a

AttilaTheHun

I don't get it what do you want from AT&T if you don't have account with them?

5. otter2208 thread starter macrumors newbie

I want to be able to do a factory unlock for the iPhone. That way I can use it on ANY carrier.

6. astral125 macrumors 6502

There are tons of threads where people are discussing the imei unlocks with new ones appearing every day. Here is an example.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1453734

As far as AT&T not helping you, save yourself the effort and spend $7 -$10 on ebay to unlock it.

7. m0no macrumors regular

You don't need AT&T to do it for you. As mentioned, there are many discussions about this and you can pay a small for this via eBay.

8. otter2208 thread starter macrumors newbie

If I only had 1 or 2 I would do that but I have alot more than that (large family)