On the fence about returning my ipad 2/gifting it to my brother

Discussion in 'iPad' started by aneftp, Mar 17, 2011.

1. aneftp macrumors 601

I've had the ipad 2 for 5 plus days now. It's a wonderful little device. Does what it's intended for.

But I may have just gotten into the Apple hype machine and went out and brought a product I really didn't need.

I have all the Apple toys (imac, mba, iphone 4, atv2 etc). I sold my ipad 1 in December in anticipation of ipad 2.

I think with the combination of my MacBook Air ( I had originally intended to buy this computer 2 months ago for my wife because she wanted a long battery life computer but didn't like the trackpad to play her farmville/cityville stupid facebook game...yes I know she wanted a $1400 plus computer to play facebook game; fortunately we have a lot of disposable income.

But I think a combo of the MBA, along with my 27 inch iMac and my iPhone4, I just don't have a need for the iPad in my life.

I tried to justified my purchased because I had about $400 in Best Buy gift cards sitting around for more than 12 months so the ipad 2 "didn't cost me much more money."

I'll probably end up asking my brother if he wants the ipad and I will just give it to him (he's got a 3 year old who would love the ipad because she loves playing on his iphone 4). My brother and I are tight with each other even though our wives hate each other. He's given me stuff like a $1000 Canon L lens in the past so I don't mind gifting it to him. He didn't order the ipad and now there's a long 4-5 week wait. If he doesn't want it, I'll end up returning it and get a refund because Best Buy doesn't charge a restocking fee anymore. I guess they will just reissue me another $400 gift card and credit me back the rest.

2. aneftp thread starter macrumors 601

Yeah, I texted him and asked if he wanted it. I'll just have to ship it to him since he's in Maryland and I am in Florida.

Last time I shipped him an iphone and FedEx lost it for 1 month (I had insurance) but FedEx made me wait and they finally found it and it was lost in Memphis all that time but I had thought someone stole the phone.

So I am a little hesitatant about shipping an iPad 2 even with insurance.

3. langis.elbasunu macrumors regular

langis.elbasunu

4. sanford macrumors 65816

"Anyone mentions they have a lot of disposable income in a gadget forum post charges things at 27.99% APR and pays the minimum every month." --me

5. poloponies Suspended

I'm just trying to figure out the thought processes at work here.... OP had an iPad, then sold it, then purchased the iPad 2 but now (after 5 days) doesn't think he has a need for it. You'd think the "need" question would have been addressed with the purchase of the original iPad.

6. 26.2 macrumors member

Agree. Strange. Plus he's asking complete strangers for advice.

7. Walko83 macrumors member

lmao!