On the one year election anniversary, some questions for Trump supporters

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by MadeTheSwitch, Nov 8, 2017.

1. MadeTheSwitch, Nov 8, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2017

MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

One year ago, a number of people here were celebrating the election of Trump and telling us all how different things would be and how he would drain the swamp. With that in mind, I have some questions:

1. If the New York Times is fake and failing, why does Trump always run to them when he is in trouble? Why give interviews to something he considers fake? Or failing?

2. If Trump has one of the greatest brains, why can he not remember things? He all too easily seems to forget details of meetings when it suits him.

3. If the meeting that George Papaompolus was at was unimportant as Trump said, why is the President holding unimportant meetings in the White House? Is that a good use of our tax dollars?

4. If Trump is so unhappy with his own justice department, why hasn't he done something about it? It seems rather silly to complain about something when he is the one who can make changes.

5. During the campaign, Trump repeatedly said we must buy and hire American. If that is the case, why is he hiring an even larger number of foreign workers for Mar-a-lago this year than he did last year?

6. And on a more personal note, looking back are you really happy with Trump's performance so far? Do you think he could have done more or hired better people and vetted people better? Be honest.

Addendum: Please no deflections on to Hillary, Obama, Democrats or any other thing. This is about Trump and Trump alone. Nothing else. Thank you.

2. Mac'nCheese Suspended

Mac'nCheese

1. Hillary!!!
    2. Emails!!!
    3. Dems!!!!

etc etc

3. MadeTheSwitch thread starter macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Yes, I should add a no deflection rule to my post. Thanks for reminding me.

4. zin macrumors 6502

Most of those are loaded questions. Trump doesn't control his business anymore so you'd have to ask his children. They claim they cannot find seasonal workers in the area and so apply for visa workers.

I think most of the people who are Trump supporters are more annoyed with swampy Republicans in Congress than anything else. Trump has done/is doing the things he said he'd do with respect to executive action.

5. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

No wall.
    No Muslim ban.
    No repeal and replace.

All you got was a ****ing Made in China hat.

[​IMG]

6. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

In regards to the addendum, and I have no dog in this fight because my life hasn't changed one bit and I didn't vote for *******, it's hard not to reference the past when being critical of the present and future. The same standards should apply and we know that never happens from either side.

7. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Stop ****ing lying.

http://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...isas-to-hire-70-foreign-workers-at-mar-a-lago

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...56bd5568db8_story.html?utm_term=.7f59225cde6e

America First My Ass!

8. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

They're "loaded" because the answer is obvious.

That is a remarkably low bar... If he was signing executive orders in tandem with passing legislation through congress, then it would be something to brag about.

9. MadeTheSwitch thread starter macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

They are legitimate questions some of which you couldn't answer, but thank you for answering the ones you did.

The Mar-a-lago answer is an excuse though. And a weak one at that. Trump campaigned on hiring American. He didn't stick to that concept prior to the election, didn't during the campaign either, and his family isn't now. So clearly it isn't a "Trump children" problem.

https://www.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs...70-foreign-workers-to-staff-mar-a-lago-resort

Perhaps domestic housekeeping is an issue, but am I really to believe that American waiters cannot be found? Please. :rolleyes:

10. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

And, even here, his executive actions have been effectively challenged in federal courts, leading to an almost constant stream of court losses.

11. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

So much winning.

Yet another thing they haven't received.

12. hulugu, Nov 8, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2017

hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

It's really fascinating to look at this list and consider the last nine months, the only "act" the administration attempted to pass was the repeal and replacement of Obamacare—a duo of bills so terrible that both collapsed. Now, the administration has just decided to sabotage the ACA, effectively running up premiums, increasing the federal deficit, and decreasing the number of people with insurance.

The White House also seems disinterested in getting the tax bill passed. After a hard-push, the administration seems to be dropping the bill because they know it's a loser.

After that, they have do nothing legislatively to accomplish this list. Sessions attempt to punish so-called Sanctuary Cities is mired in court, DACA is ending, but not till March and even then, Congress is feverishly trying to figure out how to get a win by making DACA recipients hostages.

The only gain is the cadre of dingbats they've nominated for federal benches, and the end of some environmental rules under Zinke.

13. eatrains macrumors 6502

Asking Trump supporters to judge his administration so far will get you nothing but praise; they'll never admit that he's gotten nothing done or they'll parrot fake news that he's gotten everything done.

Trump supporters don't care about his policy achievements, performance, or actions. They didn't vote for him to improve anyone's lives, to improve security, infrastructure, budget. The only reason they voted for him was to stick it to liberals and are then shocked when everyone outside their bubble thinks that's a boneheaded way to choose a leader.

14. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

It's painful to admit a wrong choice. And, many people can't deal with the psychic pain, so they'll either batten down the hatches and hope to ride it out, or they'll pretend they never voted for Trump in the first place.

I voted for Clinton, even though I thought she was a weak candidate, and a triangulating centrist beholden to corporate interests. I also thought that she'd win, but only barely, leading to a weak presidency beset by a recalcitrant Congress. I never thought that the American people would be dumb enough to let Trump—an obvious sociopathic moron—into the White House.

I was wrong.

15. MadeTheSwitch thread starter macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

And even that is not working:

Record level of sign-ups for Obamacare plans reported despite Trump administration opposition
    https://www.cnbc.com/2017/11/07/record-level-of-sign-ups-for-obamacare-plans-reported.html

He even fails at the things he tries to sabotage!!! Except maybe sabotaging the GOP as a whole. He is doing a bang up job there if that is his goal. :D

16. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Fun fact, ACA signups are happening at a record pace.

Fun fact 2, the ABA has deemed 2 of Trump's judicial appointments as not qualified. He only hires the best people.
    --- Post Merged, Nov 8, 2017 ---
    No, no, it was all economic anxiety. Of course, they all think the economy is great now.

This was a good read. Closing paragraphs...

https://www.politico.com/magazine/s...rump-johnstown-pennsylvania-supporters-215800

17. haxrnick macrumors 6502a

haxrnick

No ones has. But if they don't tell their low-information's that the sky is falling they potentially lose a lot of votes.

18. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

Oooff..

This paragraph:

19. MadeTheSwitch thread starter macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

But what excatly does that accomplish? Does it make their healtcare better? No. Does it get them a job? No. Does it build a wall or bring back coal? No. Being a rude prick on the internet isn't an accomplishment, and certainly nothing to be proud of in a history book someday. These people should strive for more than just that.

20. zin macrumors 6502

How am I lying? I never said it was true or false. That is what the business had to claim (and establish) in order to get government approval. An unemployment rate of 3.6%, pretty much full employment, seems to lend at least some credence to the claim.

Your WP article says they run job ads continuously in the Palm Beach Post and people can apply via CareerSource or Fax. It's up to the locals to respond.

In addition, I read through the certifications they received from the DOL[1,2,3] this year and they have filed fewer open positions than last year. Wouldn't they just keep increasing their reliance on H-2B workers if saving money was their priority? They are among the resorts that have filed the lowest number of positions this year. And why did they only start using the H-2B programme three years ago? For one application, housekeeping, they did not use H-2B visas last year and resorted to local staffing agencies. They note that they couldn't fill the positions for that year to meet demand.

If you want to see real visa abuse, look at your H-1B...

21. samcraig macrumors P6

Funniest post this week!

22. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

It’s hate on black people.

23. CaptMurdock Suspended

CaptMurdock

Og Forbid you should blame the uneducated, the ignorant and the subliterate for voting the 21st century P.T. Barnum. These are people who vote without caring about "the issues". Like cooking without caring about the ingredients. Stupid.

24. mgguy macrumors 6502

mgguy

Well at least we have had a year without Hillary at the helm, with at least 3 more to look forward to.

25. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

We nearly got through two dozen posts.