On the verge of a MAJOR flip flop

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by FFTT, Jun 17, 2007.

1. FFTT macrumors 68030

FFTT

[​IMG]
    The yellow dot is our sun

According to a new discovery at University of VA and University of MA
    our solar system is actually part of a smaller dwarf galaxy,Sagittarius on the verge of a big merge with the Milky Way.

Matthew Perkins Erwin, an independent researcher began studying the new map in 2006 and made what are coming to be called the 3 most pivotal discoveries of our time:

DISCOVERY OF MAY 30th 2006: We are from another galaxy in the process of joining with the Milky Way. The Milky Way is actually not our parent galaxy. The mystery of why the Milky Way has always been sideways in the night sky has never been answered -- until now.

http://curezone.com/blogs/m.asp?f=1207&i=2

[​IMG]
    The Milky Way viewed from earth

We are part of a smaller galaxy that the Milky Way has put the 'come hither' on and we are just now coming down even with and going to actually turn and join with the Milky way after some 2 billion years of circling around it at a near right angle as part of our parent galaxy called the Sagittarius Dwarf.

This could explain A LOT about climate change and makes you wonder about
    our future, especially if there's a polar shift in the works for our solar system.

Another point of speculation is that this may have been what the Mayan calender predicted.

2. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Very interesting, though we still need to do something about climate change for the simple reason that otherwise we'll run out of resources, also reducing our impact on the world is still well worth doing.

3. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

4. FFTT thread starter macrumors 68030

FFTT

I would not want to be living too close to sea level if this ends up happening in our lifetime.

Who knows what kind of time frame we're talking about.

If you read further, they've noticed the poles of Neptune and Pluto shifting
    already and there's some evidence that the polar caps on Mars may be starting to melt.

http://www.tmgnow.com/repository/global/planetophysical1.html

NEW MAP OF THE MILKY WAY SHOWS OUR GALAXY TO BE A CANNIBAL
    Study Shows the Milky Way is Out to Lunch

Chicken Little was right. The sky is falling.
    Thousands of stars stripped from the nearby Sagittarius dwarf galaxy are streaming through our vicinity of the Milky Way galaxy, according to a new view of the local universe constructed by a team of astronomers from the University of Virginia and the University of Massachusetts.

Using volumes of data from the Two-Micron All Sky Survey (2MASS), a major project to survey the sky in infrared light led by the University of Massachusetts, the astronomers are answering questions that have baffled scientists for decades and proving that our own Milky Way is consuming one of its neighbors in a dramatic display of ongoing galactic cannibalism. The study, to be published in the Dec. 20 issue of the Astrophysical Journal, is the first to map the full extent of the Sagittarius galaxy and show in visually vivid detail how its debris wraps around and passes through our Milky Way. Sagittarius is 10,000 times smaller in mass than the Milky Way, so it is getting stretched out, torn apart and gobbled up by the bigger Milky Way.

"It's clear who's the bully in the interaction," said Steven Majewski, U.Va. professor of astronomy and lead author on the paper describing the results.
    http://astsun.astro.virginia.edu/~mfs4n/sgr/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Definitely interesting work.

5. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Wow nice find, imagine we arent part of the milky way but a smaller one who is merging. I love it, Prove those old scientist wrong again.

6. FFTT thread starter macrumors 68030

FFTT

Or prove the Mayans right...........:confused:

Dunno, but this is a facinating subject and a bit scary to ponder the possibilities.

7. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

OMGWTFTGIF New Galaxy next Tuesday! !!!111!!!

Umm, you ARE joking, right? Just that the time scales involved are out by several orders of magnitude...

8. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

And a G5 galaxy the Tuesday after that!!!!11

9. FFTT thread starter macrumors 68030

FFTT

Oh I'm certain we're doing our damdest to trash this planet as humans do best, but mother nature would have no problem at all washing us away like a garden hose on an ant hill.

This delusion of self importance the majority of human race shares is
    sure to come back to bite us in the arse once day.

10. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

Right, but we're talking the difference between decades and eons.

If there's an ironic tragedy and no one is left in humanity to savor it, does it still tickle English majors?

11. trebblekicked macrumors 6502a

trebblekicked

that belongs on a scarf.

12. Killyp macrumors 68040

Killyp

:D :D You got a laugh out of me at half past eight in the morning (I'd still be asleep for another hour or so!).

I guess the Milky Way sucks then... :( God that was pants.

It's all gonna be happening on such a big time scale that it's nothing to worry about <sucked off face of planet to a giant slurping sound> wheeeeee