On Tmobile. Any advantages of the Tmobile IPhone X vs verizon version?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sd13, Nov 10, 2017.

1. sd13 macrumors regular

I am on Tmobile. The Verizon version supports more bands than tmobile so is there any benefit of getting the Tmobile version if I have the choice between the two? Will I be losing out in speed, coverage in certain countries, Tmobile features etc. if I were to go with the Verizon version?

2. gadgetfreaky macrumors 65816

Nope. The Qualcom version covers everything the Intel version. i.e. it's additive.

3. Lobwedgephil macrumors 601

Lobwedgephil

If you have the choice, you pick the Verizon model every time.

4. xrussx macrumors member

I am on tmoblie too and would prefer the Verizon model but right now you are unable to reserve only buy from apple.com

5. camhabib macrumors regular

In years past there was a slight difference between them. There's been no actual evidence this year to suggest one is any more power efficient or better than the other. Most of the hype is holdover from rumors last year.

6. sd13 thread starter macrumors regular

What about WiFi calling and all that stuff?

7. Lobwedgephil macrumors 601

Lobwedgephil

True, nothing proven so far this year performance wise. But if he has the choice like OP said, Verizon model is a no brainer for more carrier compatibility even if there are no performances differences this year.

8. sd13 thread starter macrumors regular

How about at&t version. Is it identical to the Tmobile version?

9. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

Yes, they are identical.

10. winterny macrumors 6502

I have the Qualcomm iPhone X, and had the Intel 7 Plus last year, and live in an area with very marginal coverage.

I'd say with certainty that there are some areas where, for unknown reasons, the Intel 7 Plus does better, and others where the Qualcomm X does better.

I still have a slight preference for the X for international roaming reasons (And I do travel a lot), but I wouldn't suggest most people go out of their mind to get it.