On your typical day, how many hours of usage do you get on your 6 PLUS ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kalebnate, Oct 28, 2014.

1. kalebnate, Oct 28, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2014

kalebnate macrumors 6502

To make sure the results are not confusing and rather fair, please mention the following alongside usage/standby time :

• Brightness Percentage
    • Type of usage (mail, messaging, gaming, mix)
    • Duration of usage (light,average,heavy)
    • Location services and Background activity ( all off, some off, most on, all on )
    • On WiFi or Cellular or Mixed
    • How often you check your phone (every 5 mins, 15 mins, 30 mins, 1 hour etc)
    • Bonus : Screenshot of Usage/Standby time

2. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

Well, I haven't really checked all that stuff, but usually by 11pm I still have between 25% and 40% battery life, depending on my day.

I typically check my phone often for emails, texts, etc. Even during the work day I receive several texts from people in my animal rescue group (my unpaid job). So, it's not that I'm a text junkie. ;)

I keep brightness around 30%. Those that keep it higher must have stainless steel retinas - that's way too bright for me.

Mixed wifi/cellular.

I'm on a computer, so I'll just give you details on usage rather than screenshot. This is since last full charge, which was this morning - I unplugged around 8am when I was heading out the door to go to work. 58 minutes usage, 4.5 hours standby.

In last 24 hours, Safari is 28%, FB is 22%, Messages is 15%, Mail is 11% and Home & Lock Screen is 10%. Everything else is minimal - calculator, weather, music, etc.

3. gdeputy macrumors 6502a

gdeputy

I would say around 9-10 hours usage and like 1 1/2 days standby or so... seems about right.

Most of the time I can get through a 2nd work day without recharging.

4. Alimar macrumors 6502a

Alimar

Medium to heavy usage. Screen at 29%, cellular and WIFI, Music, Safari, Paper, Camera, Phone, Pages. I use Battery Doctor for optimizing.

Attached Files:

5. SteveJobs2.0 macrumors 6502a

Lol 30% brights is a pure battery saving move. It's too dark to see the colours properly. Why do you think that all the iPhones in Apple ads would be set to a much higher brightness. For me 60% is the minimum and I have sensitive eyes to light.

6. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

I would say by the time it hits 20% I'm at 6-7 hours of usage and 12-15 hours of standby.

Heavy usage mainly with videos and texting.

I check my phone only when it vibrates so maybe about every 10 minutes.

Mid brightness with location always on Bluetooth off.

Wifi only when I'm on campus or at the bar. So I would say 70 cellular 30 wifi

7. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

That's not the reason I do it. I'm not lying when I say anything higher is just too bright for me.

It also depends on where you are. If you are lying in bed at night (yes, I know, put the phone down and go to sleep), then definitely the lower the better.

8. BigMar89 macrumors 6502

Did a fresh install because I just wasn't satisfied with my last few battery cycles... First battery cycle on fresh install was absolutely amazing, 13 hours and half of usage with 36 hours standy. 28% Safari, 22% Instagram, 15% home and lock screen, 14% Spotify, and the rest were in single digits.. About 35% Brightness with all fresh out of box, default settings. I'll like to mention I'm on Airplane Mode when connected to WiFi since T Mobile offers WiFi calling and my cell coverage is crap at home without it. Now on this second cycle I'm noticing my battery life draining at about 1% per 4-5 mins and all I'm doing is browsing in Safari... Nothing heavy. It could possibly last me all day but it's just not the usage I was used to the first few cycles or how it's advertised.

9. kalebnate thread starter macrumors 6502

Did anyone turn off percentage indication btw ? I am currently trying to do so and it feels weird, but I stop checking the percentage every now and then ... Kinda helps just enjoy the long battery life without counting how much it discharges per minute !