Once the iPhone 5 launches, I will stop going on the forums

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mtnDewFTW, Sep 17, 2012.

1. mtnDewFTW macrumors 6502a

Every single time a new Apple product comes out, there are a whole bunch of people that examine it with a microscope and find flaws. Which ends up ruining the device for me because I start to notice them. This time around, I will stop attending the forums for a while, just to give people the chance to get over the 'yellow tints' and 'LED bleed' and get on with their lives.

I made the mistake of going on here when I first got my iPad 3, and I noticed something I would have NEVER seem myself. Sorta ruined it for me. Don't want that to happen again.

While this community is truly awesome, is anyone else annoyed by how OCD everyone seems to be?

2. applesith macrumors 68030

applesith

Yes, the macrumors "professional electronic consumers" will have their white gloves on Friday.

3. jj47 macrumors regular

4. mtnDewFTW thread starter macrumors 6502a

My thoughts exactly. People look for imperfections too hard. Some people just need to read more Plato.. lol nothing is perfect, it's blame our senses. It's all just a perfect idea.

...I hope someone here has taken philosophy at some point in their life

5. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

This should be my plan as well, but I know I won't be able to stay away.. :(

6. mtnDewFTW thread starter macrumors 6502a

The top of my screen --right under the front facing camera-- there was a little light bleed on the screen. Not even like a light bleed, more like some lights were just sticking out. So when you look at the iPad from a very specific way (that's nearly impossible to do in everyday use) you can see it. I never replaced it or anything, but I know it's there lol

7. JonMPLS macrumors 65816

To the OP: Good plan. Same on all the camera forums too. Think I will hang out at the accesories forum instead!

8. jj47 macrumors regular

Ah I see, I will try and stay clear of the 5's maticulous overview in the future as well.

9. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

Accessories forum is pretty intense around a new launch especially since I'm in the market for a dock and leather sleeve. Why isn't there an official 5 dock???

10. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

yeah I try to avoid those threads. im sure my ipad 3 has some sort of "tint" but I don't know nor care. I still use it every day and love it.

11. Codepiink macrumors regular

I agree! I didn't to to the iPad forums when I bought my iPad 3, not intentionally, but I'm glad I haven't. I love mine as well and don't see a d**n thing wrong with it!

12. rainking macrumors regular

The "this is my 8th iPhone return and it still not perfect" threads. :eek:

13. erratikmind macrumors 6502a

erratikmind

14. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

I feel ya... I found myself in the bathroom, in the dark, with a black screen open, inspecting the ipad for light bleed... what a dork.

Anyway, I sorta had the opposite problem when my 4s came. The FIRST thing I noticed was how badly the camera area rattled. I would just set it down and it would rattle around. I searched it out (on here and elsewhere) to find that it was "normal". I wasn't buying it.

I called both Verizon and Apple who said it shouldn't make any noise. Apple offered to replace it on the spot. I let Verizon do it since that was who I bought from.

The new one rattled a bit too, but WAY less. It seems to have leveled out to just below what the first one was out of the box.

Come to find out, it DOES seem that it was a bit normal and all of the OCD's here on Macrumors were right though... I think the first one I got rattled a bit more than "normal" as I've since checked many 4s's and they are all about the same (being less than the one that I got initially).

15. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

lol OP, that's annoying isn't it? Just stay away from threads like "iPhone 5 MAJOR FLAW" and such.

16. Kroner macrumors regular

Kroner

Haha.

Yep, that kinda happened with me when I bought the MBA 2011 with the different SSD and displays. Although if I remember it right, it didn't really mean anything practical? Although I did supposedly "win" the lottery there.

And also with the iPad 3. I wouldn't have noticed if I had some dust in it, or some dead pixel. But I became curious and noticed there was some.

Either way I will still come here and look at the flaws they find. It will probaly be the same with my iPad, I will be bothered by it for a little while, then realize it doesn't really mean anything for me after all. I have to really look for the dust and pixel part on my iPad to notice it, I never notice it when I am actively using it.
    So I would assume it would the same for the iPhone. I doubt Apple would release it with any major flaws, that would detract my enjoyment of the product in the long run.

17. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

Good for you OP. No doubt, the OCD boys will soon flood the forum in the next few days and weeks

18. JesalTV Guest

Forums are like that being best friends with a psychotherapist.

Useful for a while, then you just get sick of overanalysis and need a prolonged break (until another issue pops up next year).

19. phantomsd macrumors 6502

phantomsd

Stood in line for ~8 hours for the iPhone 4... came home turned it on and noticed the bottom portion of the screen had a yellow tint. Called the Apple Store right away and they told me to bring it back to get it exchanged.

Figured it was still a zoo there so I decided to wait and ENJOY MY NEW PHONE. Found out other people were experiencing the same issue which became GLUEGATE. Went back a couple weeks later before my 30-days were up... swapped no prob.

/coolstory

20. mikelegacy macrumors 65816

mikelegacy

I, personally, find it fun to piss people off in times like these. Everyone is all worked up already, so I don't have to work too hard :D

21. appswipe macrumors 6502

Theres two types of people that litter forums when a product launches:

1) People who complain about everything
    2) People who complain about people who complain about everything

So taking a break from over-opinionated strangers is never a bad idea when you get a new toy.

22. leenak macrumors 68020

Do you think my iPhone will have yellow tint?!!?

When I bought my rMBP, there were tons of threads about ghosting and if you claimed to not have it, apparently you were lying.

23. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

I'm going to be even more during the launch. I get my iPhone 5 in Oct and I want to be witness to all the mistakes new owners are going to make just so I don't repeat them. Biggest question would be to set phone up as new or to restore from your latest back-up.

I also would like to know what is going to be flawed with my iPhone before I get it. Apple has never had a flawless iPhone launch (except for 3GS) and I don't like surprises. The 3G was released with an unusable Safari, iPhone 4 had antennagate, and 4S had batterygate. I fully expect there to be a major problem with the iPhone 5.

24. Ramio macrumors 6502a

Ramio

Good idea. As soon as I get the 5, I'll stay off the site until about a couple of months before the 5s comes out so I can see what the rumors are. When I bought the 4s, I was able to stay away until about 2 months ago. I will just enjoy the 5!