One Big Nuclear Family

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Plutonius, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

An interesting interview with third party candidate Jill Stein. In it, she claims that Hillary is much more dangerous to our country then Trump and that Hillary would be more likely then Trump to start a nuclear war.

After reading her statements, do you think that she is generally correct in her analysis ?

Is she correct in saying that Trump wants to work with Russia while Hillary doesn't ?

2. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

I think people are waiting for the rabid anti-vaxxers to return their polio shots, to claim her plans are utterly unrealistic^, and for scores of men and/or women to say she groped them since that's the only thing people give a **** about despite how shallow and ******** it all is since even our forefathers had their less-than-noble sides as well and nobody cares about them despite all the more well-known (and often taken out of context!) quotes of the forefathers they freely use...

^ you know, like how going to the moon was just pure fantasy but nobody wallowed in "oh we can't do that" back then and compared to some of Jill's ideas, how the hell are they more impossible than going to the moon when society is what we make of it!!!

3. twietee macrumors 603

twietee

I don't know Jill Stein - but this just looks like some serious jumping to conclusions:

[...]
    It is now Hillary Clinton that wants to start an
    air war with Russia over Syria by calling for a no fly zone.

We have 2000 nuclear missiles on hairtrigger alert.
    They are saying we are closer to a nuclear war than we have ever been.

Under Hillary Clinton, we could slide into nuclear war
    very quickly from her declared policy in Syria.

[...]​

First sentence, first issue: Promoting a no Fly zone equals already an air war with Russia?
    Second sentence, second issue: Who is "they"? And what makes "them" believe that?
    Third sentence: Great headline!

Is she usually that quick or is this somewhat a summary of her in-depth analysis over time which one would have to know in order to follow her here?

4. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Do you know how no fly zones are enforced?

5. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

I don't think an establishment politician like Hilary has any chance of starting a nuclear war. It's absurd.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 14, 2016 ---
    You know India and Pakistan have had wars without firing nuclear weapons.

6. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

I said nothing about nuclear war. I was asking the poster if he knew how no fly zones were enforced.

7. twietee macrumors 603

twietee

Tell me! Nuking the Kremlin? I guess it invovles sound reasoning and some diplomatic talent.

But aren't they generally considered means to protect the civilians?

Also, this isn't the first time during the war in Syria a no-fly zone is promoted - we haven't had a nuclear war so far. You think Clinton wants to celebrate her presidential career by starting a nuclear war?? Or that Putin wants one?? I dislike both but they are far to experienced, rational and calculating to justify such jumping to conclusions without any sound reasoning, one that would need more than two sentences for a headline. IMO such statements are ridiculous and only serve to further irritate and confuse rather than shedding light or the voice of reason.

8. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

She very well may be right on Trump working with Russia....but just how far does that go? And is he really being played by Russia? Why is Russia hacking into our election this year? Those are the more important questions to be answered.

But Stein has seemingly always hated Clinton, so I don't expect her to spend too much time pondering such questions. But she should be.

9. twietee macrumors 603

twietee

Is there an unwritten rule that the OP never interferes with his own opinion? I'd like to know your point of view. You must be interested in this afterall since it was you that brought it up. :D

10. Plutonius thread starter macrumors 603

Plutonius

Neither of them will start a nuclear war.

That being said, I have always thought that Trump was less likely to get us involved in a war then Hillary.

My opinion only :).

11. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

So the guy with a massively short fuse is less likely to start a war?

12. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

This Hillary is going to tart a war with Russia narrative is nuts. Nuts as many of the Trumpets and Jill Stein.

13. DearthnVader macrumors 6502

DearthnVader

I'm voting Stein, Ben Stein, because I want to Win Ben Stein's Money;-)