One dead pixel on 5s

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SMIDG3T, Sep 21, 2013.

1. SMIDG3T Suspended

SMIDG3T

Hi.

I've just found one dead pixel on my 5s.

Do I take it back, I mean, it's tiny and I'm surprised I even found it.

It's really annoying considering how much we pay for these handsets.

2. abz1981 macrumors 65816

If your not happy with it, then take it back. You paid a lot of money for the Iphone. At the end of the day its all down to yourself if you believe you can put up with 1 dead pixel or you cannot.

3. Lucille Carter macrumors 65816

Nothing in the world is perfect. I don't even look that closely to see if I have a misbehaving pixel. If it bothers you, I would go and see a genius. Make a reservation and you might have to wait to have it replaced because of low stock.

4. SMIDG3T thread starter Suspended

SMIDG3T

Well, strangely enough, I do not have AppleCare+, does that mean I only have 30 days to make a decision?

5. navindralr macrumors member

lmao. Seriously?

If you have a dead pixel exchange it. Make sure you get a new one not a refurb (which I doubt they will have anyway). They will probably do the exchange with a new unopened unit.

Whether you have AppleCare or not doesn't matter. That's a warranty issue, and the phone comes with a one year warranty. The longer you wait the more likely they will replace with a refurb tho.

6. Lucille Carter macrumors 65816

You do not need AC+ to get a defective phone replaced. If it really bothers you make an appointment and get it replaced. You might have to wait for stock.

7. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Yes, go in an exchange it. It's minor, but as you said, annoying and also will make it harder to sell when the time comes. You might get an unboxed replacement phone. It will be new though since its too soon for refurbs.

8. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

Are you really "laughing your @ss off?" You are easily entertained.

9. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

Is the dead pixel black? Maybe it's just a stuck pixel?
    Since there is no jb yet it's hard to check properly, but you can try:
    http://iphonedpt.awardspace.com/

10. SMIDG3T thread starter Suspended

SMIDG3T

Yes. It is. Although if you want me to be specific, it's more dark grey. Any tips? Can you actually get rid of it?

Thanks.

11. navindralr macrumors member

yes

12. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

if it's a dead pixel then it's dead and can't do nothing, but if its stuck then it can be corrected.

I think based on color you most likely have a dead pixel. Take it to the store for replacement, if they don't have one on hand, keep it and come back later when they get more stock, should be pretty easy to exchange and give you no trouble. The good thing of exchanging now is that you will get a new unit while later you will most likely get an apple refurb (which are just as good)

13. Switchback666 macrumors 68000

Switchback666

14. SMIDG3T thread starter Suspended

SMIDG3T

OK then, I will take it back on Monday. All I'm thinking is, as you mentioned, stock. What if the 30 days runs out before they get any in!?!

15. BlueKhufu macrumors regular

30 days is for a return as in you just don't want it, don't like it, need money to neuter your gerbil, etc. You have a year for that issue as it's definitely a defect, regardless of how minor some may think it is. I'd request a swap as well, the screen above all else should arrive flawless in my opinion, I can deal with nicks and scuffs but a dead pixel would drive me nuts once I noticed it, and cannot be unseen..

16. SMIDG3T thread starter Suspended

SMIDG3T

Sure, OK, thanks for that. Yes, it's driving me nuts, I keep trying to ignore it but I can't!