One last question on iP5 upgrade

puma1552

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 20, 2008
Wife and I are on a family plan, both with launch day AT&T 4Ss, I'm planning on upgrading my launch day 4S and she is not.

If I upgrade, can/does my plan stay exactly the same as it currently is? My wife and I each have 2 GB of data which is more than enough for $20 each, but it looks like right now AT&T doesn't offer 2 GB anymore, now it's 3 GB for $30.

Can I keep my plan exactly as is or am I forced to go with what they currently offer at the time I extend my contract and upgrade my phone?

CosmoPilot

macrumors 65816
Nov 8, 2010
South Carolina
Wife and I are on a family plan, both with launch day AT&T 4Ss, I'm planning on upgrading my launch day 4S and she is not.

If I upgrade, can/does my plan stay exactly the same as it currently is? My wife and I each have 2 GB of data which is more than enough for $20 each, but it looks like right now AT&T doesn't offer 2 GB anymore, now it's 3 GB for $30.

Can I keep my plan exactly as is or am I forced to go with what they currently offer at the time I extend my contract and upgrade my phone?
This would be answered by an AT&T rep. However, I know in the past they have always honored your current plan. I'm not sure now that they switched to tiered data plans.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
Whatever plan you currently have you are allowed to keep even after upgrade. So you will keep 2gb for $20 if you choose to do so.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.