One mail account out of 4 not updating.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by t76turbo, Apr 3, 2015.

1. t76turbo macrumors regular

I have 4 mail accounts I use on a regular basis. Two from yahoo, one from my ISP, and one from Microsoft. I have them all setup n the mail app on my iPhone 6 with 8.2.

One of my yahoo accounts will sometimes not download the messages but will update the 'unread' counter. So in other words, it pops up and says I have 2 unread messages (or however many) but the messages themselves don't appear. Sometimes they show up eventually, sometime they don't ever show up. I noticed It did this on the Junk folder today. It said I had 9 unread messages but no messages were downloaded. I looked on my laptop and they were all there.

I have deleted the account twice and added it back and it does the same thing. I have restarted the phone multiple times. I have closed the mail apps and restarted it multiple times as well....

Anyone have any advice on what to try to fix this?

2. uapz macrumors newbie

I'm having an issue with one of my yahoo email accounts. The other two accounts are downloading but my main account isn't. I've tried everything you tried and I can't figure it out either. Let me know if you figure it out.

----------

Try this, it worked for me:
    Delete your acc't. .Add acc't Clik other (don't clik yahoo) Add diff password.Clik next. Enter Incoming Mail Serv Host:imap.mail.yahoo.com:Username your.email@yahoo.com Authen type: correct password Outgoing Mail Serv Host smtp.mail.yahoo.com Username your.email@yahoo.com Authen type correct password

3. t76turbo thread starter macrumors regular

I will. No luck yet. I removed the account again and added it back. Then just updated to 8.3. So far I haven't had it happen again but that is probably just a coincidence.