One major thing about the new Air that seems to go unnoticed!

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by qbcall11, Nov 1, 2010.

1. qbcall11 macrumors member

The speakers on this thing are amazing! The clarity seems unprecedented for this kind of notebook. I was listening to an acoustic cd, and it was as if the artist was in the room. The speakers are that good.

2. jmazzamj macrumors regular

Great. I don't like that much how my MBP speakers sound.

3. Fuchal macrumors 68020

I don't think my 11" air's speakers are THAT good, but they are surprisingly good considering their size and placement.

4. bossxii macrumors 68000

11" vs 13" is night and day. I am really impressed with the 13" speakers, however the 11" is more of what I expected, considering it's size.

5. fyrefly macrumors 6502a

I found the 11" speakers to be pretty quiet, and not all that much better than the mono speaker on my 13" RevB MBA.

It's nice to hear that the 13" RevD has better speakers. :D

6. orourke macrumors newbie

I didn't think that the rev b mono speaker was too bad. As long as you pump the volume up in vlc player or whatever. It's pretty good.

7. potentpotable macrumors regular

potentpotable

The 11" has surprisingly good speakers, and even reviewers have noted it.

It does Jay-Z and Yeezy justice...

8. aberrero macrumors 6502a

9. TheAllStar macrumors member

TheAllStar

Does anyone have a comparison of the new 13" MBA speakers to regular MacBook speakers? My 2007 white notebook left something to be desired in the audio department. It wasn't horrible, but I'm wondering how much they've improved.

10. phoneorpda macrumors regular

Agreed!

the stereo separation on the 11 is amazing!

11. aberrero macrumors 6502a

Only have a bit of experience with the whitebook, but i think these are better.

12. phairphan macrumors 6502a

phairphan

I received my 13" MBA last night and I too was surprised how good the speakers were. They're at least as good the speakers in my pre-unibody, Core Duo MBP and leaps and bounds better than the abysmal speaker in my Thinkpad Tablet that I've been using as my main travel machine. Not only is this thinner and more lightweight, I won't have to bring my travel speakers!

13. NiceAndTerse macrumors newbie

We disagree.

14. aberrero macrumors 6502a

Ya, I wouldn't listen to music on it, but it is OK for watching tv and youtube. I had garage band going out of the speakers for a while, but I plugged my headphones in and it was a world of difference.

15. Vihzel macrumors 6502

I am very impressed with the speakers on the 13". I was expecting somewhat of a puny sound coming from a notebook this thin, but was pleasantly surprised. Of course though... I wish there was more bass :p

16. M87 macrumors 65816

Well, I'm getting some intermittent rattling in my left speaker, but other than that I think they're pretty good. Seems to go away if I, gently, whack it a little bit.

17. hundleton1 macrumors 6502

i agree the speakers on my 13" are amazing, far far better than i was expecting

18. nfl46 macrumors 603

The speakers on the 13" are WAY better than the 11". I had both, and the 11" speakers SUCKED!

19. MiBook84 macrumors member

Don't you guys use earphones with your MBA´s? Im going to use my future MBA mostly on trains, flights and such anyway. Of course it would be nice to have the good speakers for movie watching in a hotel room or something like that. Can anyone explain how the 11" compares to a 15" 2010 MBP?

20. sarah11918 macrumors member

I hadn't opened iTunes until today on my 11" and wow... these speakers are much better than my late 2008 unibody MB, for sure. (That might not be saying much, but it's a nice surprise.)

21. MiBook84 macrumors member

Thats quite impressive :)

22. sarah11918 macrumors member

If you're typing while music is playing, be prepared for vibrations, though. My palms are definitely getting a massage! I don't remember that happening on my old MB.

23. mac jones macrumors 68040

Yes.

Watched "Winter's Bone" (great flick BTW) last night on a 13"

Sound was good. Volume was good.

Good for movies. Some surround effects.

(The HD picture was very good also).

MY GOD, I think i'm actually satisfied. :eek:

24. slazareth macrumors regular

Yeah I'm with you. I love my 11" MBA but the speakers are pretty terrible in the grand scheme of things. They sound about as good as my iPad does imo and even on full blast its a little quiet.