One month in- not a single missed or dropped call on VZW

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by silroc, Oct 24, 2012.

1. silroc macrumors 6502

silroc

Going to AT&T for ip4 in 2010 was like going back 15 years in cell phone world.

Dropped calls and missed calls a few times per week. I was in shock having left VZW with a BB that had never dropped a call in years....

Finally, back to the modern ages!

Fwiw NY and NYC user... I know it's just regional

2. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

I got a Verizon iPad and I have to say that the internet speeds are frustrating compared to what I get on AT&T (both LTE and 3G) on my iPhone. So yeah, just a regional thing I guess.

3. bwhli macrumors 6502a

bwhli

Quite the opposite for me. I had Verizon in the past and service wasn't that great. Made the switch to AT&T when the iPhone 4 came out, and it's been much better.

4. bigjnyc macrumors 603

bigjnyc

I could probably count on two hands how many phone calls I've made since getting the iPhone 5 on AT&T.... I'll take the faster data speeds over good call reception. I am in the NYC area as well.

5. fins831 macrumors 6502a

I drop calls on ATT prob one or two times a week, but my home is located in an LTE 1 bar area, if I am visiting friends or family it is a lot lot better.

Its funny, I live near a major mall, and I watch my service go from 5 bars LTE to 1 bar LTE every hour, I don't even move the phone, seems the tower is really craptastic where I live.

6. McPc macrumors 6502

McPc

I've had my phone on VZW as well with the same experience as the OP and am extremely happy with the voice quality and reception.

I used to be with AT&T and had a problem getting a signal in my apartment and now I can go into any room and get great reception. Of course this is a local issue with the proximity to towers in my area but in my situation VZW was the best choice for me.

7. diegoesk macrumors regular

3g speeds for verizon have been horrible these last couple of weeks. Mind you I'm showing 5 bars. Nyc metro area..

8. Joesmith13245 macrumors regular

All depends on location. I've been with AT&T for a few years now and rarely have a dropped call. I'm in the DFW area.

9. applebro macrumors regular

applebro

Haha yeah I know what you mean. I've always had Verizon then switch to ATT for the iPhone 3G and I had so many dropped calls i thought it was the phone and cursed Apple, but after talking to people I found out it was ATT. I never had a dropped call with Verizon that didn't involve going through a dead zone. Been back on Verizon for the past 2 years and feelsgoodman.jpg

Went to an NFL game once and from where I was standing I could see the ATT building and didn't have enough signal to send a text :\

10. nizmoz macrumors 65816

Really? I have had NO drop calls since back with AT&T from Verizon now. And that's like 4-5 months. :rolleyes:

11. bcaslis macrumors 68020

Lots of calls missed and dropped calls on AT&T on iPhone (original) through iPhone 4S. One month of Verizon on iPhone 5 and not a single missed or dropped call.

Voicemail on AT&T sometimes took hours to show up and deleting a voicemail could take minutes. Voicemails are basically instantly available and deleted on Verizon. Unless the iPhone 5 was a quantum leap on the phone part, I'm guessing my problem was AT&T (Portland, OR area).