One More Monitor Question (Dell G2410)

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by matthewr, Apr 22, 2009.

1. matthewr macrumors member

Hi Guys, Sorry about all the different monitor questions of late. I thought I was all decided on the Dell 2209WA monitor, but then I was looking on the Dell.ca website and saw that for today only they have the G2410 on sale for $229! Does anyone have any experience with this monitor? I know it is not as good as the 2209WA (no USB ports, TN instead of e-IPS, not as attractive a case), but I'm not planning on doing too much photo editing, and I like the idea of an environmentally friendlier monitor. And the price is way lower than the 2209WA right now (it is $369).

2. matthewr thread starter macrumors member

Anyone?

Anyone out there have any experience with the G2410? (Sorry to bump the thread, but the $150 off is only available today, so I'm trying to make up my mind).

3. rtheb macrumors 6502

I have no information other than it is a TN panel, the LED is just a backlight, instead of the traditional CCFL backlights.

LEDs allegedly have a brighter screen, a longer lifespan, and "instant-on" rather than having to warm up the bulbs.

I would do a search for Dell G2410 Reviews and then make a decision.

BTW Dell is always having sales and coupons so don't jump until you know you'll be happy with your purchase.

4. matthewr thread starter macrumors member

Thanks!

There is quite a lack of user reviews of the G2410 - cnet gives it quite a good review, as do most other "professional" reviews, but I was curious as to how it is in the real world.

5. rtheb macrumors 6502

[H]ard Forum usually is the best place to go for user reviews but even they have next to nothing.

[Hard]Forum members are pretty much in to the the type of panel. They obviously favor IPS to any other as seen by the 2209WA thread count of over 1160 posts while the G2410 thread has a total of 5 posts.

The 2410 is fairly new but the TN panel pretty much kills it for these posters.