One more thing, I thought the 5/5S and 6 were supposed to be much faster than the 4S?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TH55, Oct 4, 2014.

1. TH55, Oct 4, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2014

TH55 macrumors 68030

My 6 is only very marginally faster than my 4S as far as navigating through the phone and the responsiveness/speed at which it operates, as well as Safari, so I can only imagine it's not that much faster than the 5/5S. My friend busted my balls so much about how he couldn't believe I still used the 4S and how much faster his 5S was. I can't wait til the next time I see him so I can smack him really hard lol. I love the big screen and thinness but that's about the ONLY improvement I see over my 4S, and the Wifi is actually slower!

2. cnotes2019 Suspended

My 6 is ten times better than my 4s in screen size. Battery life to name just two things

3. matttye macrumors 601

That's because the only way they could speed up loading of native apps much more is to remove the animations completely.

If you go to Settings > General > Accessibility > Reduce Motion and turn this on, you might see a bit more of a difference.

Where you will really see a difference is in games and graphically intensive apps.

4. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

I'm not just talking about opening and closing apps, I probably shouldn't even have included that.... I'm mostly talking about how fast they run. I'm fine with the strobey animations, they look cool.

Neither of which really matter to most people. The most important thing to people is the speed at which the software and apps operate. If I had known there was little to no improvement in this area I probably never would have "upgraded."

----------

That was a joke right? Lol

5. matttye macrumors 601

I just don't see how you expect things to upgrade when they're near instant already. It's only the apps that are quite intensive that take quite a while to load that can actually be improved upon really.

I went from the 5 to the 5s and didn't notice much difference in app opening times, but games and websites load a lot faster.

6. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

The 4S isn't near instant, it's relatively slow....especially the Facebook app, and websites are actually loading slower for me on the 6. Is this related to the iOS 8 wifi issue?

7. matttye macrumors 601

Facebook takes about 4-5 seconds to load the news feed on my 5s (when I load it after I've closed it in the multitasking tray). I think that's simply because the news feed is content rich. There's loads of images and videos it has to load.

Not sure if slower loading on the 6/6+ has anything to do with increased resolution? Or it could be wifi issues as you say.

8. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

At some point you are going to reach diminishing returns. Just popping through apps, loading websites, etc. you aren't going to tax the hardware to its max capacity, and that is when you will perceive differences in speeds.

As far as wifi loading slower? That is peculiar and should not be what you experience 100% of the time I wouldn't think. It's certainly not something a whole lot of people have mentioned, at east not here.