"One more thing" Relive the emotions while watching Jobs' latest sensational keynote!

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Jobsian, Oct 25, 2010.

1. Jobsian macrumors 6502a

Jobsian

"One more thing" strikes again!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdxrAZH9J5o

After the phenomenal intro of the first MB Air by Jobs back in 08, discussed here (with vid) I was very excited about this. Part of me thought he may actually not be revealing a new MBA after he discussed iLife and Lion but when "one more thing" came up I have to say I, woefully irrationally, felt a wave of pure ecstasy... I knew after all these months we were finally in business :D

I wish they held that event at the bigger venue a la the first Air with all the cheering however I absolutely love these events.

Steve Jobs is pure box office, I literally look forward to and enjoy every keynote of his more than almost any other sports or tv event. It's more relevant to me than a football game as I may be buying and using the product. No other keynote in the tech industry has such a killer combo of presentation and product that would make me go out of my way to follow it live.

I literally had popcorn when watching this one, ie the snack made from heating corn enough to explode it from the kernel due to it's hard moisture-sealed hull and liberating its dense starch filling, I was ingesting that while viewing Steven Jobs gesticulate and vocalise sounds that my brain interpreted as novel information on electronic devices.

2. ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

That almost sounded NSFW!!!! :eek:

3. Jobsian thread starter macrumors 6502a

Jobsian

I didn't intend it, however it seems I may have to agree with freud here.. :apple:

4. Sound Evolution macrumors 6502

I am even sicker :D As self employer I even canceled an important meeting on the evening of the recent keynote. I also look more forward to it then any TV show and/or football event. I love those keynotes. I hope many and many to follow.

Call me a sick fanboy! I am proud on it! :D

With kind regards,
    Bas

5. bossxii macrumors 68000

Hahaha.. i don't feel so bad now, I told my boss I needed to run out for an "extended" lunch. Drove out to where I had a great 3g signal on my phone and tethered to my iPad to watch the entire keynote. I love the fact they are streaming them live now.

Love or hate Apple and SJ, that man is a marketing genius. As I have been in sales and marketing for nearly 20 years it's amazing to watch him demo a product. He maybe a bit looney and say things like magical, amazing, fantastic, best, unbelievable etc... but all words aside he's just fun to watch. He clearly loves what he does and is doing it well.

6. racer1441 macrumors 68000

The problem was the HOUR of software demo before it.

Almost slept through the Air announcement.

7. zapp macrumors regular

zapp

Yep, I fell asleep before iLife was finished, woke up halfway into the Air announcement, it was a good nap

8. Jobsian thread starter macrumors 6502a

Jobsian

I would have likely fallen asleep had I not been trying to compare how nervous each speaker was compared to Jobs.

Answer: not very much. I did feel sorry for one of the guys presenting iLife though who inadvertently made an ambiguous faux pas, something like "as you know, more than anything else we like windows (referring to expose and command control) [cue laughter]...not that windows". His hands a short while later, when the camera went close up to them to demonstrate his gestures on iLife, were trembling at about 1 billion on the richter scale poor guy.

It made wonder what was going through his mind, the impact his statement might have on stocks? His position at Apple? Or whether he was resigned to his fate of being sent to have his neural circuitry harvested in the Jason Chen wing of Apple's "iPhone testing chamber, wink wink" for the 2014 MBP and the rest of his tissue, mitochondria etc being the second set of billions of pods of biocells solely processing and powering Mecha-Steven Jobs, Emperor of the Machines, upon his Gamma-Throne.

9. darngooddesign macrumors G3

pffft kids today. I remember when one-more-thing meant something. :D

To illustrate this point. Compare this OMT to the original Air's OMT.

10. Jobsian thread starter macrumors 6502a

Jobsian

11. Jobsian thread starter macrumors 6502a

Jobsian

12. Jobsian thread starter macrumors 6502a

Jobsian

13. Jobsian thread starter macrumors 6502a

Jobsian

I'm going miss this guy.

As mentioned by Sound Evolution, I also looked forward to watching him more than any sporting/tv/social event.

Here's his iPod Nano intro, which was also a scorcher:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GRv-kv5XEg

14. DieterRams macrumors regular

15. Jobsian thread starter macrumors 6502a

Jobsian

16. SusanK macrumors 68000

Great thread. Thank you! I love to watch Steve's presentations. Better than most anything. Really miss him.

Posting from MBA. The day Steve introduced it I knew it was for me. Still love MBA too much. Steve too.

Happy Thanksgiving!

17. Mrbobb macrumors 601

Jobs was the showman.

Did Cook did a "one more thing" this last time? It's not the same. With Cook, I just want to say yeah-yeah-yeah and get on the good stuff. With Jobs, like Bill Clinton, u hang on to every word.

:(

18. MRrainer macrumors 6502a

That was also because, deep down, we knew his time was limited. Just like he knew it himself.
    I still admire him for what he achieved. Others in his situation would have tried to blow all their money on hookers, booze and dope in Vegas and spend their days in drugged-up stupor, he gave us the iPhone(s), the iPad(s) and Retina Displays.
    Next laptop will be a MBA.
    Unless I fall for the 13" Pro.