One of coolest phones I've ever seen

lmalave

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 8, 2002
1,614
0
Chinatown NYC
Take a look at this:



That's the most innovative design I've seen for integrating a qwerty keypad into a phone. And when folded it looks like regular little Nokia phone!
 

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
5,438
2
iowa
Wow, i love Nokia's form factor but this is amazing. Is this just a prototype, or close to production? I'm still getting a Mot T720i, but this makes me a little less confident. I've never been able to use word-anticipation correctly on a mobile phone, a QWERTY would be wonderful... without the bulk of a Communicator...

:)
pnw
 

Juventuz

macrumors 6502a
Dec 4, 2002
666
0
Binghamton
Don't get the T720, I'm sorely disappointed with mine. I've had a number of problems with it and have gotten two new ones since. Not to mention that you have to pay for everything on the phone, god forbid you try to upload a pic or new ringtone. It'll cost you.

I should have switched from Verizon to one of the other carriers and gotten a phone I wanted.
 

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
22,561
0
VA
Very nice, but I imagine only racoons would be able to use the keypad effectively with any speed. I wonder how well it works as a phone.

D
 

technocoy

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2002
765
0
Raleigh, NC
guys, check this out

my boss now has one of the p800's from sony ericsson... i played with it quite a bit yesterday, and the screen is just beautiful... it's by far the best version of a phone/PDA i've seen so far. we do alot of work with sony ericsson and i've been giving our contact crap about the delays for quite some time, but after my boss got one i asked her ETA, and she said "it WILL be here in Feb..

trust me, wait for it especially if you have a mac!

technocoy:D
 

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
5,438
2
iowa
Originally posted by Juventuz
Don't get the T720, I'm sorely disappointed with mine. I've had a number of problems with it and have gotten two new ones since. Not to mention that you have to pay for everything on the phone, god forbid you try to upload a pic or new ringtone. It'll cost you.

I should have switched from Verizon to one of the other carriers and gotten a phone I wanted.
Thanks for the heads-up... I wasn't sure if i was going to get the camera module, since i saw it costs to send pics, but it costs to download ringtones?! they never mention that, wonder why :p i picked it out because i always loved the StarTac phones, and this looks like one of those that's been updated. but it does seem lacking in a few features... perhaps i will do a little more shopping around on the subject :)

pnw
 

lmalave

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 8, 2002
1,614
0
Chinatown NYC
Originally posted by dukestreet
Very nice, but I imagine only racoons would be able to use the keypad effectively with any speed. I wonder how well it works as a phone.

D
Well, the keys are no smaller than those of the very popular Blackberry or Treo devices. And I imagine its no worse as a phone than any other Nokia model.
 

alset

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2002
1,262
0
East Bay, CA
Originally posted by paulwhannel


Thanks for the heads-up... I wasn't sure if i was going to get the camera module, since i saw it costs to send pics, but it costs to download ringtones?! they never mention that, wonder why :p

pnw
Well, of course, I wouldn't tell you about that if I wanted you to buy it. 8)

Personally, I am a Sprint man. Has anyone used the new PCS Vision phones? I am curious about them, though it isn't likely I will buy one. My current phone still works just fine.

Dan
 

Similar threads

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.