One of my most seen problems has revealed themselves once again!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by shenfrey, Jan 15, 2015.

1. shenfrey macrumors 68000

May 23, 2010
    I believe ever since IOS 7 on my iPhone 5 and then iPhone 5C I have been having this problem where the volume gets stuck, even at full blast or lowest volume. The only way I have been able to resolve this issue is by rebooting my phone.

Now this is not an isolated incidennt, as you can see here:

As you can see there are many, many complaints of this and many people say that this is a hardware problem, I want to disagree simply due to the fact that it has happened on my I5, my i5c and now my new 6+. I believe this is a software issue, and I could be wrong but all I know is that this is a very annoying problem and after spending a year with android and never having this problem, I am gutted to come back to iPhone and still be having the same issues.

I don't know if anyone can shed any light on this matter, I just wanted to make this post public and hope that it will be fixed eventually.
  2. T5BRICK macrumors G3

Aug 3, 2006
    I've never run into this issue so I can't say I've found a fix, but have you tried restoring iOS fresh and NOT restoring your backup?
  3. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Nov 7, 2007
    New Sanfrakota
    Three iPhones in a row? Did you restore from backups? If so, try restoring as new to see if corrupted backups are the culprit.
  4. EricandSuebee macrumors member

Mar 18, 2014
    New Hampshire
  5. asfalloth macrumors member

Dec 4, 2013
    Mine only does this when the current version of Facebook is open or in the background.

The second i end the Facebook app my volume and volume control returns to were it should be.

kind regards