One of The Best Cases - Great Protection + Sleek Design [And 3 Other Great Cases]

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Enco, Sep 9, 2010.

1. Enco macrumors member

My Case-Mate Tough just arrived today and I have to say I'm very happy with it. My iPhone arrived yesterday and I kept it at home with the back screen protector on until the case arrived :p

The case is very nice looking and is made up of two layers: a silicone layer and a tougher plastic outside layer. It feels very good and not cheap at all. The materials are great. Especially the tougher plastic. It also has a nice grip to it. The protection is brilliant. As well as two layers for great drop protection, you get a very nice lip to allow you to set the phone face down without worrying about scratches.

Instead of repeating what has already been said, here is a good review of the case (I haven't experienced an issue with the phone moving up/down as mentioned in the review):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yy3Znu_4P3s

Reviews are very positive and I'm glad I found the case as it offers just what I want (protection) along with a nice design. It's overall a well designed case. Something that's sadly tough to come by.

Pro's:
    • Great protection (No need to worry about dropping/scratching your iPhone)
    • Very easy to access the buttons and ports
    • No flash issue (As far as I'm aware. Only done two tests. Other people don't seem to have an issue I believe)
    • Sexy design
    Con's:
    • Lower lip is a bit flimsy
    Other great cases:

1. Speck Candyshell (Latest revision with oval camera/flash cutout)
    2. Incipio NGP (Latest revision with oval camera/flash cutout)
    3. Speck Pixelskin HD (Either the very first edition or the very latest edition with a softer material)

Those are the three cases I found to be most highly regarded and seem the best from all the research I did. Not in any particular order. Buying a case was a horrible expereince :p

If anyone wants to know anything, feel free to ask. Hope that helps :)

P.s. The iPhone is amazing :D

2. Hovey macrumors regular

Agreed

I really like my Tough Case and PixelSkin HD. Tough Case is my work case. Still docks on my alarm clock too! I've used it with full body skins.