One of the Best Unnoted Things About iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MICHAELSD, Jun 26, 2010.

1. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

I don't have my iPhone 4 yet unfortunately, but I've noticed one great unnoted adjustment. The speaker and mic have swapped places. Why is this great? Many apps and games force you to be in a landscape position that previously would have you cover the speaker with your palm. I never really got why developers chose to have landscape mode that way since you also block the headphone port, it didn't make much sense. Apparently Apple didn't think so either.

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

99% of apps including YouTube force you to rotate do the volume buttons are down plaing the speaker to the top. Apple made the smart move by swapping as before you were covering the speaker. Now your not!

3. ClutchThese macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

well, in my gaming experience(not much) games normally require one hand to play(at a minimum). so if you hold the phone with your left hand(because most people are right-handed) you don't cover up the speaker. Now if youre left handed i can see where this will benefit you. :) congrats on you having found yet another reason to be a satisfied apple customer.

4. sheppy1 macrumors 6502a

sheppy1

Yea I rember this being quite an annoying problem with my 3GS, I would always have my hand over the speaker grill when I was gaming and it would muffle the sound, some game would allow you to rotate the screen and this would fix the problem but alot of games wouldn't allow you to rotate the screen. I'm chuffed that Apple have done what they have done anyway

5. Maaz macrumors 6502a

I noticed this too man, and I love it

6. Ashin macrumors 6502a

Ashin

Not good for those who hold the phone with left hand though... which most people do, means mic isn't near mouth