One of the most frustrating experiences is iPhone hunting

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by britneyfan, Sep 24, 2013.

1. britneyfan macrumors 6502

Let me just rant for a second.

I ordered my 64 GB Gold iPhone 5S at 2:08 AM on Friday.

On monday, I saw that there was an in-store pickup option and they had my phone available, so I called Apple, and they said I should cancel it if it's available in-store. So I did.

When I checked out, the phone was no longer available.

I thought that I would just check in-store pickup. Today I found out that that option was no longer available.

I felt terrible because there's not an Apple store close to me. I was out so I went to every store within a 30 mile radius of me to put myself on a waiting list. The only place I could do this was radio shack, which probably doesn't have 64 GB.

Every other place that I went said that they won't have them in stock until November.

2. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

I guess it was a good idea to hold onto your order. Your wasting time and money trying to hunt one down.

3. karmamule macrumors 6502

karmamule

Sorry to hear about your frustration. Much as I like the socializing in line and the instant gratification of a successful launch day purchase, more often these days I'll take the fast-online-order followed by 2 to 3 day wait. (I always treat myself to fastest shipping possible though....that helps soften the blow!)

For the iPhone 5s I ordered from t-mo Friday 4am and had it in my hands yesterday afternoon. Not too bad. I'd recommend trying something similar next time. For now good luck on your hunt! It'll be worth it once you get it.

4. britneyfan thread starter macrumors 6502

I might go bright and early on Saturday. Maybe they'll have a gold.

5. mightygitis macrumors 6502

mightygitis

They've been getting order at strange times of day. Mine came from a shipment that came at 6pm! But it's silver, not gold.

6. britneyfan thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah, I mean... I don't want to settle.

But does Apple realize that people might as well wait for the iPhone 6?

7. thecurryman macrumors 6502

if their stock doesnt stabilize by jan/feb, then yeah people will just wait it out. If they can get enough stock in for the holiday season theyll be fine

8. mightygitis macrumors 6502

mightygitis

Hahahaha. I never play the might as well wait for game. Could go on forever. Might as we'll wait for the 6S! Or the 7!

Then again I had a 4 for 2.5 years and just finally upgraded to a 5S. So maybe that's why.

9. britneyfan thread starter macrumors 6502

It's just frustrating that paying customers don't get what they want and Apple doesn't seem to help. They don't have to, but I wish they stepped up the production somewhat or organized this better.

10. sclawis300 macrumors 65816

Did you see how many they sold???? What do you want from them?

11. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. Just order it online and wait for it to come.

12. BSDanalyst macrumors regular

13. britneyfan thread starter macrumors 6502

I guess I'll try the rest of this week. I'm so upset that I'm going to most likely have to wait a month longer than I would if I didn't act stupid and didn't cancel my order.

14. Chrsanthny5 macrumors regular

I've always had to hunt for new apple products (iPads, iPhone 4s), but luckily i caught wind when 5s wasn't available for pre-order, that I should place my order seconds after it goes up.

What state are you in? If there's a few apple stores in your state you may be able to find ONE that gets a shipment this week :apple:

15. Eosblue macrumors member

That would be around October '14. Do you really want to wait that long?

16. Cergman macrumors 6502a

Cergman

I went on Apple.com, and purchased my 5S for in store pickup. I strolled into the store at around 5PM the same day, bypassed the huge line outside (has been there since 6AM) and picked up my phone. Within 10 minutes, I was in and out with my new iPhone in hand.

17. Jett0516 macrumors 6502a

Jett0516

Target get their iphone shipments every Thurs night. So stop by there and asks them to hold one.

18. britneyfan thread starter macrumors 6502

I had to order another one.

I can't believe that I would have had one in my hands in a week that I let go. :(

19. Iphone5preorder macrumors 6502a

That really sucks. I hate that apple did that on Monday. They totally screwed a bunch of people thinking they could pick theirs up during the week.