One of the most relieving tibit from the Mac Pro announce

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by kkamann, Apr 4, 2017.

1. kkamann macrumors regular

kkamann

There was one tidbit at the end of Gruber's 4/4/2017 article about the Mac Pro announcement that I found most relieving that I haven't seen anyone mention yet.

• I asked about scripting and automation — whether Apple still sees scripting and automation as an important part of the pro market. Federighi: “We think scriptability and automation of the system remain super important.”
    I have been hearing rumors and whispers that Apple may be moving away from scripting and automation tools in MacOS. To me, system automation and scripting tools is what make Macs stand apart and is a big reason why many use and stay with MacOS.

Does anyone else find this a relief like I do? Or is system-level scripting/automation more of a thing of the past? Who here still uses Automator/scripts to enhance their workflow? I would love to hear about some of your real-use cases of Automator/scripts. Maybe it can spawn ideas for other readers on their workflows.

2. gnomeisland macrumors 6502

I honestly don't use it much anymore but I'm glad to hear that they are keeping it. I wish Automator would get an update. The last time I tried using it seemed very stalled. It's a great basic automation app that I really *should* put to better use.