Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shadowfax0

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 2, 2002
Ok, two questions, A) how do you run the diagnostics on an iPod? Like what key combo etc etc...? And, well, second one isn't really question, just an obsrvation, see for yourself, I rapidly scrolled up and down with my mouse wheel (Logitech Dual Optical) I was using Mozilla 1.0 and 1.1a: same thing. It also happens (not to quite the extent seen here) in IE 5.2 Now I'm not saying to go get rid of Mozilla, it's great and it's the only browser I'm planning on using (Chimera being the only exception if they get going...) But if anyone would like to report it to Bugzilla for me I'd be grateful. Also an explanation would be good too, just because I'm curious :D

Attachments

• picture1.jpg
    picture1.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 234

Choppaface

macrumors 65816
Jan 22, 2002
SFBA
Originally posted by Royal Pineapple
perhaps Apple feels that you hadnt seen the ad for the iPod and they wanted to make sure you understood

lol

ya screendraw often gets screwed like that when i use mozilla (although I've never had a prob w/ it in IE)

quartz problem maybe?

mc68k

macrumors 68000
Apr 16, 2002
Ahhhh! That screen grab looks like Windows in action.

The answer to your first question about the iPod is to hold down the << O >> keys during boot. You will hear an audible chirp (supposedly through the piezoelectric clicker mechanism) and you will be in diagnostic mode. There are probably articles describing what the tests do at either:

ipodhacks.com
ipodlounge.com
ipoding.com

To get out of this mode you need to reboot (>/|| + menu for ~5 sec). This function was not present in 1.0.4, but was brought back in 1.1.

Bophonic

macrumors newbie
Nov 13, 2001
Same Prob with IE 5.2

Every since i upgraded to 5.2, i get the same thing only with the type dissapearing. I switched to Opera until I get my new tiBook (after MWNY with a superdrive)

p

G4scott

macrumors 68020
Jan 9, 2002
USA_WA
Are you sure you're not using windoze with a Mac OS X theme? :p

Some programs have bugs. I just hope that their developers work hard to hammer them all out. The most programming I've ever done was on a Ti-89 calculator, and I made an awesome RPG, except I left out one little part of the game (damage/health) and I just gave up, because screwing around with huge programs on a calculator is not fun...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.