One really nice benefit to having a 9.7 inch screen.....regarding movies an TV shows.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by BruiserBear, Mar 31, 2010.

1. BruiserBear macrumors 6502a

Jul 24, 2008
    I own a good number of blu-ray movies these days, and quite a few of them include digital copies of the movie as well. I've got about 8 right now, and originally I was bummed out they only give you the standard definition version of the movie for download.

However, I've been thinking about the iPad and I shrunk down my iTunes window while displaying a movie to be the exact size of the iPad screen. Sure enough these movies and TV shows in standard definition still look very nice on a screen that size. The difference between a high def show and a standard def is not that easily noticed at 9.7 inches.

The huge upside to this is that the standard def movies and shows also take up a lot less space, so it's a win win for everyone. :)
  2. eawmp1 macrumors 601

Feb 19, 2008
    Now if everyone wanting an uber-high def iPhone screen would just realize this...
  3. Maaz macrumors 6502a

Mar 13, 2010
    Haha same here man. I have so many digital copies un redeemed from buying blu rays. I can't wait to have them on my iPad.
  4. BruiserBear thread starter macrumors 6502a

Jul 24, 2008
    Tell me about it. I've never understood people talking about the resolution on the iPhone being a problem.
  5. Bodhi395 macrumors 6502a

Jul 23, 2008
    I concur. I think some people are just ennamoured by the resolution numbers, and most likely couldn't even tell the difference if they actually looked at a higher resolution screen. For me, the current iphone screen is perfectly fine in terms of resolution.
  6. dave1812dave macrumors 6502a

May 15, 2009

movies look pretty darn good on my touch, and even better on my Storm2, despite the diminutive screen size. Of course I wear reading glasses when looking at either. :) I use Handbrake to encode the movies, btw. love that app!