One Thing I Hope Apple's Working On Regarding Listening to Music on the iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tangledweb16, Mar 8, 2011.

1. tangledweb16 macrumors regular

tangledweb16

That would be a good pair of wireless earbuds. The cord is a huge inconvenience for me. It always gets snagged on an elbow/knee/hand. Maybe its because I'm very tall and the cord is short in comparison, but I find my earbuds pulled violently from my ear at least once a day.

If Apple could make a high quality, usable pair of wireless earbuds I'd buy them. The discontinuation of the Apple Bluetooth earpiece I hope lends some credit to my speculation.

2. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

I have a Nokia Bluetooth stereo headset and it works great. No wires to tangle.

3. SuperCachetes macrumors 6502a

SuperCachetes

There is something about the makeup of the white plastic in the OEM cords that gives them a lot of "stiction," making them prone to tangle. I've had 4 iPhones and a couple of iPods and have noticed this with all of them. Yet I can go buy a $10 set of budget Sony earbuds and the black cord on them is like it's made of Teflon. They practically unravel and untangle themselves. Go figure. :confused:

4. Alaerian Guest

Alaerian

Take a look at the Zagg Smartbuds. Longer cord and excellent quality. I love mine.

www.zagg.com

5. tangledweb16 thread starter macrumors regular

tangledweb16

I'm not using the original iPhone earbuds. I'm using a good third-party pair of in-ear ones, and I still have the issue. I've looked at Bluetooth headphones and I haven't seen any that suited me. I feel that Apple has the opportunity to kick a** in this department.

6. jellybean macrumors regular

Love them or hate them I think the corded white earbuds will come as standard with iDevices for years to come. They're to Apple what logos/slogans on carrier bags are to shops: they turn the customer into a walking advertisement.

But I agree it would be great if Apple made a set of cordless headphones sold separately at a premium. I'd definitely buy them.

7. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

I plug my IEMs into a griffin mic, since they don't have their own button/mic setup. Because I'm short, I have to wrap it. However the unfurled length might be enough of an extension for you.