iPad Pro One thing that frustrates you/you wish your 10.5 Pro could do...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by cman-uk, Jun 12, 2018.

1. cman-uk macrumors regular

If there was one thing:
    • you wish your iPad Pro could do, but cannot
      -or-
    • that frustrates you with your iPad Pro
    ....I'd be interested to know what it is!

I'm contemplating a 10.5" as my main portable device, and coming from a MBP which could do everything, I'm worried there will be lost functionality. What is your main gripe?

2. akash.nu macrumors 601

akash.nu

This entirely depends on individuals and what they use their computing devices for. An iPad is definitely not capable of everything a MacBook Pro is capable of but that’s not to say that for a lot of people a MacBook Pro is an overkill to begin with.

3. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

I would like a real file system where I could store what ever files I want.

4. kristalsoldier macrumors regular

kristalsoldier

Me too. Needs much better file management system that what’s currently available.

5. chfilm macrumors 68000

chfilm

Full desktop class version of Lightroom and something like final cut X.
    I wish all apps would support hotkeys like the latest version of things does, this makes it feel so much more productive!

6. cman-uk thread starter macrumors regular

By hotkeys do you mean keyboard shortcuts, or is it something else?

7. Pete Rodgers macrumors member

Pete Rodgers

Full desktop apps and trackpad support (you don't have to use it). Clip Studio Paint is available as basically a full port of the desktop app and works well, but sometimes a cursor would work better.

8. jmarttu24 macrumors member

full version of adobe suites (Photoshop, indesign, etc.) and the ability to download desktop programs such as sketchup and autocad

9. colmaclean macrumors 68000

colmaclean

Wish it wasn't 500 big ones to get the screen replaced :(

10. LibbyLA macrumors regular

Functional, usable, accessible file management system.

11. DirtyVega$ macrumors newbie

When you say a proper file system, what exactly do you want that the IPP doesn't offer?

12. cman-uk thread starter macrumors regular

this might help a tiny bit...
    App called Local Storage: https://localstorage.eberl.se

But the limitations of iOS / Files app (currently) mean you're still restricted to a large extent...

13. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

There are several apps that can "help" give you some file system functionality but I want the real thing.

14. LibbyLA macrumors regular

The ability to SEE folders and file names and put them where I want them. Apple's attitude that users are too stupid to know how and where things are stored annoys the heck out of me. I can see and work with files on Windows and Android without any problem. Why not in iOS?

15. JD2015 macrumors 6502

Ability to hook up an external drive directly to IPad. Move off and on Ipad any size document or media. Plus a backup tool on the system so you can back up your data like you can do with iTunes. I like to back everything up not just to the cloud but also have a local copy also.

16. akash.nu macrumors 601

akash.nu

This is not the reason for not providing access to the file system. The real reason is the way iOS works in terms of apps and OS communication. This is one of the major reasons why there’s no viruses or malware for iOS.

17. LibbyLA macrumors regular

How many viruses and how much malware is on Android?

18. anthonyrac macrumors newbie

There's one thing, and its a biggie -- there's no way to color calibrate the screen. It makes doing accurate color correction in Affinity Photo or Enlight next to impossible! I bought the 2nd gen 12.9 when it came out and this was a big disappointment. Makes no difference if Truetone or Nightshift are on or off. Play a movie TV show on the iPad Pro and compare to a calibrated monitor or TV; it's way off. Also every iPad Pro screen I've seen has uneven color. For a device with a "Pro" moniker I expected more. Everything else is great. Also a bluetooth Keyboard is a must for serious writing or business apps. I use mine mostly for web browsing, learning Swift Playgrounds and watching movies in bed. An iPad at this moment in time is not a total replacement for a pro notebook or desktop, but as they say - your milage may vary.

19. dumastudetto macrumors 68030

A lot. It's everywhere on Android.

20. LibbyLA macrumors regular

21. dumastudetto macrumors 68030

Some people have described Android and its ecosystem as a toxic hellstew of vulnerabilities and malware.

Has the situation improved? Maybe. But there are still big problems.

22. sparksd macrumors 65816

I’ve used Android since day one and never had a problem.

23. LibbyLA macrumors regular

You did see that there were over 300 vulnerabilities in iOS reported and fewer than 20 on Android?

Like sparksd, I have been an Android user for several years and haven’t had a problem. “Some people” could be anyone. “Some people” could make disparaging comments about iOS.

I wouldn’t use an iPhone if you gave it to me. Obviously, lots of people don’t share my sentiments.

24. muzzy996 macrumors member

Same here, my daily driver phone is a Pixel XL . . have owned Android devices since Gingerbread back in 2011. Have always rooted my devices and my Pixel XL is rooted . . no issues with malware or viruses. All about awareness just like anything else. Stick with popular software, be mindful of reviews etc.