one tiny spec of dust underneath glass of my 3gs?!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by vader1990, Aug 16, 2009.

1. vader1990 macrumors regular

hi,

i have a small speck of white dust underneath the glass on my iphone 3gs. i got the phone 2 months ago. should i go to apple and have them replace it? WILL they replace it? will it cost me?

should i just hang on to it for like 4-5 months or even like 10-11 months and just before the 1 yr warranty dies, go and have it replaced? [ie. i will have a new phone just before my 1 yr warranty is up, lol]

advice?

Thanks guys :)

2. jp70 macrumors member

I had the same problem with my original iPhone and 3G. So far so good on my 3GS. You should definately take it backt to Apple. I had mine replaced, but they both were rebooting for no reason. Apple can remove the glass and clean it for you. If threre are no other problems with the phone that's what they'll do.

3. GeneralP macrumors member

if your dis-satisfied with your purchase.. TAKE IT BACK...

If you are returning it and swapping it out right before your warrenty runs out JUST TO GET A NEW ONE... well that is absolutly FRAUD. Its people like you who abuse the return systems that make it hard for people with real issues to get them resolved.

4. labman macrumors 604

labman

it's simple

if you have a issue with your phone make a appointment with Apple or call customer service from there they will discuss the issue with you. If they agree that it is a warrenty issue they will replace it. if it's not covered then they should explain why. then from there if you feel they are in error but in most cases the result remains the same. if you take a look at every piece of equipment you have with dust you would be trying to contact every manufacture out there and trying to return the product with them as well. but again if it bugs you go for it. BTW they is another dust thread here might check what they did.