One way Trump is outperforming other presidents

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jkcerda, Aug 4, 2017.

1. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/one-way-trump-outperforming-presidents-164117261.html

go ahead and say it,,,,,,inherited..........:p

2. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

But what are those jobs.. barista, waiting table??

3. appleisking macrumors 6502a

As wages remain stubbornly low, I would say yeah probably.

4. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

think it matters much to those employed?

5. juanm macrumors 65816

juanm

Uh, yes.

Also, yes, the trend is inherited. You have to wait for at least couple of years to see the long term effects of policies

6. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

The same could be said about Truman and Eisenhower, as they inherited the New Deal, NOW, and all of the jobs created by Roosevelt.

So yes, Trump is following and has inherited trend/work that Obama did, but Trump also hasn't contributed a single thing to it. To paraphrase Janet Jackson, "What has Trump done for me lately?"

The answer to that is the nothingness on the inside of your eyelids.

Oh, wait.. he is also outperforming other Presidents in another area: Most vacations and golfing done in the shortest period of time in office. So much for hard working, and criticizing Obama for taking vacations. Oh, the hypocrite.

BL.

7. Populism macrumors regular

Populism

I wonder if, when the latent, damning effects of Quantitative Easing kick in, liberals/democrats/progressives will ascribe that bucket o' fun to Obama.

Eight ball says "doubtful".

8. Gutwrench macrumors 65816

Gutwrench

The hysterical Left, haters, and doomsayers are so opposed to this President they've lost their sense of objectivity. The jobs, employment, and trade deficit reports are good reflections on the President and they are probably pretty disappointed about it.

9. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

Funny how - in less than two months - he went from deriding the job numbers and calling them "fake" to touting them. I'm all for good job numbers - then and now - but when they were improving under Obama, we had to listen for 8 years while the right took a big dump on every positive report because "they didn't include those who dropped out of the job market". I guess now they tally them different....

10. Zenithal Suspended

I posted about this just this morning. Under Obama, the numbers for job improvement, regardless of job type and quality, was often ignored under the Obama Administration. Now with Trump the numbers are legitimate? Bull.

Granted, even the Libs pulled the same stupid garbage the first year of BO's administration and said the Bush admin numbers were BS.

Give me a break. @Huntn's grandson is one of the souls in this jobs period! He's working in fast food. It's a job, but not the best, but it's a job.

11. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

You already did.
    --- Post Merged, Aug 4, 2017 ---

source?

12. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

Lawyers.

13. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

Seems I remember the same with oboma. And some.of those same ones are giving trump credit.

14. Zenithal Suspended

Source for what? That my party often slagged the job reports because they were BS? Are you kidding me? You don't need a source to know that's what happened.

15. Gutwrench macrumors 65816

Gutwrench

The unhinged hysterical hatred and constant barrage of attacks faced by this president and administration is unprecedented.

16. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

Seems you missed the oboma administration.

17. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Tit for tat. He invited it from Day One of His Run.

18. Gutwrench macrumors 65816

Gutwrench

I guarantee you I missed the Oboma Administration.

19. Zenithal Suspended

20. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

That reminds me of the Mr. Duplicity that Alanis Morissette was talking about in You Oughta Know. Describes Trump to a tea.

Hmm..

QFT.

BL.

21. Zenithal Suspended

Wow. Brad, you may be the first person I've ever seen admit they listen to Alanis Morisette.

22. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

Yeah, if you forget about the last president...

23. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

you are both right. but the jobs we need more of are still in Asia, even in Latin America.

We do need to bring back some light industry and even jobs like garment manufacture. Not everybody in the USA who's able bodied and willing to work is going to be interested or capable of working at high tech jobs.

On the point about garment manufacture: it's possible that the American way of life was not meant to be about buying so much cheap clothing every year and now even throwing away so much of last season's cheap t-shirts every quarter that annually we might be throwing in to the rags bin more cotton than is picked to make next year's shirts. Something wrong there, and it's called "workmanship costs money."

But see to buy a decent shirt takes making a decent wage. We put the good shirts that aren't even made here any more (LLBean for instance makes stuff in Peru, Cambodia etc) out of reach of most Americans.

How to get more people able to buy LLBean shirts? Not by paying them American sweatshop wages. We can't even afford to buy stuff made for foreign country sweatshop paychecks. So a problem with bringing back garment manufacture (at first) is how to sell stuff we can't also afford to buy. It's a calibration problem, I guess. It could take some government subsidies to reduce price of the shirts while a garment manufacture pays the workers American minwage. When those workers get some slack in their budgets they jack up their local economy by spending money in it, and more of the people selling them more stuff can then buy those shirts an an unsubsidized price. But... the day the GOP goes for that gig, I will eat a whole T shirt.

I have way more questions than answers. (not least why does an LLBean T shirt cost so damn much when it's made in Cambodia, I think the Cambodians are not getting rich off the deal).

24. Gutwrench macrumors 65816

Gutwrench

Obama never faced what this administration has.

25. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Get real. Obama had to help GWBush get this country up off the floor of a global financial crash.