Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

henry2

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 9, 2010
Starting on Jan 3 2011 iam going to use the Ipad only for all my personal device needs for 1 week trip to test the ipad as the stand alone device to see if it can be done to fit my personal needs for the week ..

i need to get the basic house hold item like sheets and blankets and pillows and mircowave oven and small fridge for the room and small plastic shelf to hold food items out to the new place where iam going to work at ..

basically it a couple days drive to the new place from central Ca to central Neveda area where iam going and i been spending the week out there to get everything set up ..the only electronic device i can bring to the place is a ipad and my cell phone which in turn will be kept in the quaters dureing my work hours ..

they do offer Free Wifi through there own servers that they have there at the remote site for you to use in a after work hours .

so iam going to take the ipad and ipad only for use out there in the remote work area to be used for my own personal electronic for afterwork enjoyment . .

Last edited:

jtp098

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2010
Purchase
Starting on Jan 3 2011 iam going to use the Ipad only for all my personal device needs for 1 week trip to get everything i need to have out to the new work station and droping off the load of basic household items and clothing in the liveing qauters there and spending a night there to getting things set up in the place and come back home that friday morning on a flight back home to spend the weekend then back out on another flight for starting of the work iam going to do .

So it going to be the ipad only on the trip to surf the web through there servers on the free Wifi that they offer to everyone out there to listening to music and playing games that i have on the ipad for after work enjoyment .. ..

Huh:confused:

hotsauce

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2005
Starting on Jan 3 2011 iam going to use the Ipad only for all my personal device needs for 1 week trip to get everything i need to have out to the new work station and droping off the load of basic household items and clothing in the liveing qauters there and spending a night there to getting things set up in the place and come back home that friday morning on a flight back home to spend the weekend then back out on another flight for starting of the work iam going to do .

So it going to be the ipad only on the trip to surf the web through there servers on the free Wifi that they offer to everyone out there to listening to music and playing games that i have on the ipad for after work enjoyment .. ..

Somehow, all your periods settled to the end of your post.

j_maddison

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2003
Nelson, Wales
Can someone synopsosise please? I've tried to read this post, but I keep passing out from oxygen deprivation half way through the continuous sentence :D

iPad.Lover

macrumors member
Dec 24, 2010
Good luck man. You'll have the best experience ever. iPad will never let you down. Please share your results with us next week.

Stealthipad

macrumors 68040
Apr 30, 2010
As you are ONLY going to use your iPad for recreational use, it should do fine.

That is about it though.

colmaclean

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2004
Berlin
I've been doing this for the past 3 months - working away from home with an iPad 3G as my source of internet-connectedness.

Hope you find the experience as flawless as I have. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.