Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dingo Dave 69

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 23, 2007
I am still rocking with an iPhone 5 and will be upgrading this year to the 6s. Still unsure about the plus or standard size. To those with a 6 are you glad you went with the plus or happy with the smaller size? What's the views on the plus one year on?

DrFixit

macrumors newbie
Aug 9, 2015
London
Personally speaking I would prefer iPhone 6S, 6S plus is bit too big for my liking, but may be because I am minimalist. I was even comfortable with size of iPhone 5s, at times I had problems with typing on small keypad. I guess you will be perfectly fine with 6S.

Last edited:

thetechfixer

macrumors 6502
Apr 21, 2010
Canada
I personally would go with the 6S, I compared the 6 which I have currently to my uncles 6 Plus and the Plus is just too big for me.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Many threads already exist on this topic, I think it boils down to personal preference. I have a 6 plus but now, after using it for nearly a year. I'd prefer a smaller phone. The plus is great for many reasons but no device is perfect. You need to weigh both the pros and cons what the plus has to offer.

Reactions: timeconsumer

timeconsumer

macrumors 68020
Aug 1, 2008
Portland
Many threads already exist on this topic, I think it boils down to personal preference. I have a 6 plus but now, after using it for nearly a year. I'd prefer a smaller phone. The plus is great for many reasons but no device is perfect. You need to weigh both the pros and cons what the plus has to offer.
This is great advice. I think at first people were hugely in favor of the 6 plus and then there were a lot of people wishing they had gone the 6 route. However you do have some completely happy with their 6 plus and zero intentions of moving to a smaller screen. My main reason for going with the 6 is because both phones I thought had identical hardware aside from screen size (haven't researched this to determine if I'm right) so I assumed performance would be slightly better on the 6 due to lower screen resolution. Although I'm hoping the next one uses AMOLED and is 1080p.

DrFixit

macrumors newbie
Aug 9, 2015
London
This is great advice. I think at first people were hugely in favor of the 6 plus and then there were a lot of people wishing they had gone the 6 route. However you do have some completely happy with their 6 plus and zero intentions of moving to a smaller screen. My main reason for going with the 6 is because both phones I thought had identical hardware aside from screen size (haven't researched this to determine if I'm right) so I assumed performance would be slightly better on the 6 due to lower screen resolution. Although I'm hoping the next one uses AMOLED and is 1080p.
iPhone 6 is big, I feel Apple was only pressed or felt threaten by Samsung's massive size Note and S6, otherwise iPhone 6 is pretty is good enough to go.

Lexical

macrumors regular
Nov 8, 2011
I've got a 6 at the moment but I'm 99% sure ill get a 6S Plus. Really jealous of the plus i think its a much nicer device. 6 feels small after a few weeks with it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.