One Year Out: An Assessment of DADT Repeal’s Impact on Military Readiness

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by mobilehaathi, Sep 20, 2012.

1. mobilehaathi, Sep 20, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2012

mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

Link to study (pdf) here.

Findings:

2. brentmore macrumors 6502

brentmore

"Findings
    1. The repeal of DADT has had no overall negative impact on military readiness or its component dimensions, including cohesion, recruitment, retention, assaults, harassment or morale."

Not a surprise to me at all. Granted I've only been in about a decade, but never have I witnessed harassment, or even a disparaging remark towards anyone known or suspected to be LBG. This of course is a personal anecdote, but as a enlisted soldier, cadet and now officer, I've always felt comfortable with our military's level of acceptance of our difference colors, creeds and orientations.

I've observed that the crowds making the most commotion about this topic have little experience in the service and base their claims on hearsay and conjecture. I hope it truly becomes a non-issue and I'm proud of the LBG guys and gals that works beside me.

3. mobilehaathi thread starter macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

Indeed, the findings were not surprising to me either, although clearly not everyone had such a rational expectation...

4. iStudentUK macrumors 65816

iStudentUK

What, you mean the whole armed forces hasn't caught gayness? The camo isn't now pink? Who would've thought?

5. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

We needed a ****ing report to say this? That alone just proves the disgusting state this country is in.

This should be common sense.

6. likemyorbs macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

Day by day the bigots are losing ground to stand on. It's awesome.

7. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

Just as gay marriage won't negatively affect anyone (except those that get married...).

8. Coleman2010 macrumors 68000

Yawn!! Wake me when the rest of the military catches the 'gay' like the right said would happen.

9. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

In other news, bears still **** in the woods.