OnePlus 7

LukinLedbetter

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2014
Ordered a 7T (non-pro) that’s due for delivery today. Anyone install one of the Gcam port apks that can recommend the best/most compatible version to use?

LukinLedbetter

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2014
Found a good Gcam port and used it some. Takes vastly different photos than the stock camera app. Most of the time better; though sometimes worse.

As for the phone itself, it’s a very nice piece of hardware. The 90hz screen is as good as advertised, and Oxygen OS has a lot of useful features. But on the whole I found myself a bit underwhelmed with the experience.

I’ve always had a foot in both camps; Android and iOS. Though more recently I’ve been leaning on the foot in the iOS camp far more. My takeaway from using the OP7T is that, apart from the ability to do some visual customization on the home screen, I prefer iOS. There are a LOT more similarities between the two operating systems these days than difference, IMO.

Would I like to be able to assign some specific apps as defaults in iOS? Sure!
Would I like to be able to do some visual and workflow tweaks in iOS? Absolutely!

But on the whole, I found myself comparing and contrasting the cohesiveness found in iOS against the open-world sense of Android. And for this particular time in my life I’m gravitating more towards playing the game that has set levels to guide you to the finish over the open world game that lets you decide how and when to arrive at the conclusion.

To each their own!