Online Ordering via Apple vs Verizon??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Cirlonde, Sep 17, 2013.

1. Cirlonde macrumors member

Hi!

I'm trying to decide between ordering the 5S straight from Apple or going through Verizon's website. Verizon offers free 2 day shipping, which is really the only thing pulling me in that direction. However, I'm curious about the $30 upgrade fee.

When a family member pre-ordered the subsidized/2yr contract price 5C from Apple last week, she was not charged the $30 upgrade fee. Does anyone know if that will be charged on the Verizon bill or is the fee not charged at all when you go through Apple? I did test pre-ordering the same phone from Verizon and the fee was included.

If ordering from Apple would save me $30, I might could handle getting the phone a couple of days later. I was also thinking that Apple might have a better inventory than Verizon.

Thank you so much for your input!
    -C

2. Ryan Burgess macrumors 6502

I have the same problem. I don't know whether to order from Apple or Verizon, but I've been leaning towards Apple, because I know they'll have more stock, and trust they'll ship it out quickly.

3. Cirlonde thread starter macrumors member

Glad I'm not alone! I think I'm leaning towards as Apple as well...I have a more faith in their ability to ship accurately and on time than I do in Verizon!
    -C

4. Sheldonsmith macrumors regular

Sheldonsmith

I am planning on having two browsers open and ordering from the first one that allows me to do so....