Online vs. In-Store

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iChillax, Sep 20, 2013.

1. iChillax macrumors regular

iChillax

Ordered my iPhone online at Apple at 3:03 am. I was able to get 1-3 days and it would be delivered by 9/27-10/1. I was EXCITED and feel asleep. I woke up around 11:30 EST and jumped out of bed. Called my local AT&T to see what the line was like and drove over. I waited in line from 11:45 to 12:30 and all they had left was 64gb black. THAT IS WHAT I WANTED. I canceled my order from apple and my upgrade eligibility never was taken away because the order was still processing. I was able to get my phone on day 1 instead of waiting 2 weeks basically because it had to send it to my home address and I'm at school. I'm HAPPY! :D:apple: Just thought I'd share my success story for this 1st day. May the :apple: be with all of you!

2. Velin macrumors 65816

Velin

Are you sure? Build quality of shipped phones is superior to carrier launch day stock.

3. sclawis300 macrumors 65816

source?

4. iChillax thread starter macrumors regular

iChillax

well it looks pretty built to me... it's also got a 1 year warranty so if it breaks down... ya know

5. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

I did the same thing except when I got to the Best Buy store they did not have the white 64gig AT&T phone that I wanted. I also have the 9/30 to 10/2 date for delivery so I'm happy.

One of the many plusses of being a Kickstarter backer is that you learn patience. I waited a year and 9 days for my Pebble watch, I can wait a week for my iPhone 5s. ;)

6. eye.surgeon macrumors 6502

[​IMG]

7. iChillax thread starter macrumors regular

iChillax

hahahah this

8. DribbleCastle macrumors regular

DribbleCastle

Thanks for the story. I ordered online to and was wondering what the siuation might be if I came across one in a store. The details about elibility are helpful. Now I would just have to get lucky and locate one in a store.

9. preston181 macrumors member

Ordered mine directly through Sprint at 8am, and got it shipped at 3pm. I laughed at the "7-10 days" and "Ships in October" notices on Apple's online store. No long lines at the brick and mortar store either. The carrier came through for me, no problem at all. Sure, might have to wait for Monday, but not a huge deal, or wait time.

10. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

Very, very unusual that your upgrade was still there when you went to the store.
    That is not at all normal.