Only a Fraction of Apple Watch Orders Have Shipped

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by ericgtr12, Apr 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ericgtr12 macrumors 6502a

ericgtr12

Ya think?

From Time http://time.com/3836472/apple-watch-shipping-times/

2. shenfrey macrumors 68000

3. Patriot24 macrumors 68030

Patriot24

According to a bunch of people making guesses.

We'll hear from the source today at 2:00 PM Pacific.

4. cbird007 macrumors regular

cbird007

Is Apple making some kind of announcement today? Sorry if this is something all over the forum.

5. blindside217 macrumors regular

The quarterly earnings results are today.

6. JPIndustrie macrumors 6502a

JPIndustrie

I believe he/she is referring to the usual time frame that we've seen Apple push orders through. In the past couple of days, 2 PM PST/5 PM EST is around the time we see a lot of movement (processing -> preparing for shipment) in Watch orders.

We will see!

7. cbird007 macrumors regular

cbird007

Gotcha...thanks for the clarification.

8. ericgtr12 thread starter macrumors 6502a

ericgtr12

He got his, probably mad at us who haven't yet for posting about it otherwise that post would contain something backing the claim.

9. noobinator macrumors 601

10. Salinger macrumors member

Salinger

To be honest, to have almost a quarter of all orders shipped within 3 days after launch is better than I'd have guessed just from reading the various threads here.

11. kaess macrumors member

He is referring to the quarterly earnings call. Apple is scheduled to have their quarterly earnings call today at 2:00PM PST/5:00PM EST, and the executive will no doubt be providing some information on Apple Watch orders.

12. Nicholasredford macrumors regular

I'm sure those numbers are based on the shipping estimates we got when we ordered. So they say a certain percentage is ship in April, but some of the expectations for may have already shipped. Some from June as well.

13. SixtyK macrumors 6502a

SixtyK

Hasn't Apple already said there will be no Watch information on the report as the quarter had already ended before watches had started shipping?

14. McDaddio macrumors 6502a

Remember if they shipped 90 percent out that would also mean they only shipped out a fraction

Assuming these guesses are accurate the headline could also read

Demand exceeded apple's optimistic projections by 400% !!

15. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

The quarterly reports include a forecast or guidance for the upcoming quarter so there maybe some information about the Watch.

16. ericgtr12 thread starter macrumors 6502a

ericgtr12

At least Time is citing their sources and giving estimates based on real information, I know they're not MacRumors armchair sleuths but they gave it their best shot.

17. cbird007 macrumors regular

cbird007

I forgot that several of their launches revolve around their previous quarterly reports and get investors all jacked for the next quarter based off the new launch.

18. KPOM macrumors G5

But we probably won't get any details (just Tim Cook saying in passing that "we just released the Apple Watch on Friday and the response from customers has been overwhelming"). For starters, the quarter ended in March. Secondly, Apple already said last year that they would not break out Watch sales for competitive reasons.

19. Patriot24 macrumors 68030

Patriot24

Sorry for the lack of clarity - I am referring to the earnings call.

I'm sure every single investor question on the backend will be watch-related. I can't imagine what else we're going to talk about, other than, you know, Gene Munster asking about TVs. :rolleyes:

20. seamor0512 macrumors member

lol, apple would not think very highly of their watch if they only projected 300k units to be sold.

21. slvrscoobie macrumors 6502a

slvrscoobie

Gonna just estimate that they beat their earnings call.
    tomorrows headlines: AAPL rises 10% on Watch revenue.

22. JPIndustrie macrumors 6502a

JPIndustrie

O, i have the exact opposite expectation: there will definitely be no further helpful information from the executive team that the marketing and retail fulfillment teams have already released in regards to the orders. Why would executives undermine their teams by having more information/perspective/thought on the subject? If anything, continued retail fulfillment restraints make them look like a better executive team!

Frankly I think these events are a waste of time, but hey that's why I'm in engineering. It is interesting to hear how the team WORDS certain points but, Do you guys really need spoken statements to understand that stock values WILL have a propensity to increase and continue increasing? It's an :apple: product release for god sakes.

Anyway, I still expect a lot of movement (hopefully exponentially!) this afternoon around 4/5 PM EST. Apple, where anecdotal folk stats and data are the only true indicators of what they're doing. :)

23. cmichaelb macrumors 68020

cmichaelb

Exactly- it is being lumped in with 'other'.

24. cai4651 macrumors newbie

mmm, i don´t think so when they say that they only shipped 376.000 units, "only"

25. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.