Only have 70 photos on my iPhone, but Usage shows 4GB and iTunes says I have 700+

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by johnnnw, Mar 24, 2015.

1. johnnnw macrumors 65816

johnnnw

What is going on? I only have around 70 photos on my iPhone right now but the usage says almost 4gb.

With my phone plugged in on Itunes it says I have 700+ photos taking up the 4gb.

I looked through the Photos app on my phone and can only find those 70.

What can I do?

----------

Just deleted every single photo on my phone and it still shows 3.2GB and 700 photos.

So this is clearly a bug

2. TechGod macrumors 68040

TechGod

Have you checked recently deleted? Burst mode groups all the photos taken into one so perhaps you have over 700 of burst mode photos?

3. johnnnw thread starter macrumors 65816

johnnnw

Nothing in recently deleted. Every album is 0.

For some reason it is showing the usage when I don't have any photos on the device.

4. TechGod macrumors 68040

TechGod

Any photography apps you have? Perhaps their library is being counted in the usage of photos.

5. johnnnw thread starter macrumors 65816

johnnnw

I considered that but I don't believe so.

I'm finding a lot of reports of this happening to people.

Random photos being shown in usage despite my phone being "empty", at least it appears that way.

6. TechGod macrumors 68040

TechGod

Well sorry, I'm out of ideas:confused:

7. crazee928 macrumors member

same thing happened to me just recently - I believe the photos file system got corrupted when I disconnected my iPhone without first ejecting it. searched numerous sites for solutions and none worked except this.

basically, create an empty folder on your computer and open iTunes with your phone connected. go to photos and sync it with the empty folder. afterwards, deselect the sync folder checkbox and hit apply. that should restore your iPhone storage.