Only took Ike a year to deport 1.3 million illegals.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by DearthnVader, Sep 5, 2016.

1. DearthnVader macrumors 6502

DearthnVader

During operation "Ethnic Slur" INS deported 1.3 million Mexican nationals, between 1954-55, so it should only take about 10 years, or so, to deport 10x that many illegals today.

Granted a lot of the illegals today aren't from Mexico, we're going to have a hell of a time tracing down all the people that have over stayed their visas.

2. Praxis91 macrumors regular

Praxis91

The logical approach is self-deportation for most illegals. Physical deportations are best for the violent ones. Punish the employers who exploit the (practically) slave labor. Fine them $1,000,000 per illegal alien employee. If the illegal aliens cannot find work, they will self-deport.

Most illegals are not Mexican, but they come through Mexico. The corrupt Mexican government has a southern border, but they allow the flow of people and drugs through their country as long as it then spills into our borders. Then, the corrupt Mexican government gets a cut of the action.

3. DearthnVader thread starter macrumors 6502

DearthnVader

I think a million is a little high, I've seen some very good fake I.D.'s and S.S. Cards. How about $10k and 30 days in jail?

We also have to cut off the state and Federal aid, EBT, Medicare, etc...

4. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

5. unlinked macrumors 6502a

It took me a minute to work out it wasn't actually called operation ethnic slur.

6. DearthnVader thread starter macrumors 6502

DearthnVader

Managing to get the camel's tail out from under the tent, after we already have the whole camel.

7. jerwin macrumors 65816

Bill Weld has said some interesting things about this zeal for deportation. If I wasn't in the tank for Hillary, I would be applauding him for speaking his mind.

8. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Not really; the bulk of the people overstaying their visas have come from Canada. Yes, Canada.

BL.

9. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

We should be able to find them 10x as fast as we did back in the 50s with the Internet, drones, satellites, etc. so it should still take only a year.

10. juanm macrumors 65816

juanm

Great idea, re-routing $100M+ satellites and spying on everyone, legal and illegal, to track minimum wage workers is a great use of resources.

11. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Even the Trump campaign is not promising that rate of speed.

Current position: after getting the criminals out (which you can never do 100% per campaign surrogate Rudy Giuliani), they will "take a pause" and evaluate things.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/christi...on-shift-we-dont-want-people-stuck-in-cement/

12. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

But it makes the Republicans feel good that's all that matters like drug testing the poor

13. DearthnVader thread starter macrumors 6502

DearthnVader

Great, all we have to do is deport everyone at an NHL game.

14. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

It will be a great way to find all those taco trucks though. Sometimes those things are hard to track down!

15. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

Nah, just the people who aren't white. It's perfectly okay to violate their civil liberties. :rolleyes:
    --- Post Merged, Sep 5, 2016 ---
    How Trump's deportation plan failed 62 years ago.

16. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

As long as they leave the maple syrup and Coffee Crisps, I'm game (pun intended).

[​IMG]

And they can keep the Metallica Budweiser beer. :p

BL.

P.S. This is all tongue-in-cheek, except for the fact that it was proven and noted that those mostly overstaying their visas are indeed Canadian.

17. DearthnVader thread starter macrumors 6502

DearthnVader

Translation, Trump has flip-flopped and is going to support amnesty.

18. MacAndMic macrumors 6502

Has he flip-flopped or has he evolved? He doesn't seem to be losing any supporters, only gaining. If he truly flipped, I Would think he would be losing supporters. I think he is just evolving into a politician. You can't have it one way in politics, you have to have flexibility towards the greater good for all.

19. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

He's flipped, he's just hiding that through smoke and mirrors obfuscation. He's trying to have it every way in politics and hoping that people don't notice. It's a common problem between primary and general election for all candidates. What you vote for then, is not what you get now. With Trump that problem is even larger as he has built so much of his campaign around the one single issue of immigration.

20. DearthnVader thread starter macrumors 6502

DearthnVader

Spending 10 years and billions of dollars on a police action deporting people that are mostly productive wasn't really a winning position.

You can screw your base, they have no one to vote for, but you.

21. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

I'm not sure how many people (even Trump supporters) believe that there will ever be mass deportations no matter who is elected.

Trumps latest plan is to build a wall, deport violent illegal criminals, eliminate visa overstays, eliminate sanctuary cities, and to use E-verify everywhere.

Hillary's plan is to legalize everyone in the first 100 days.

22. DearthnVader thread starter macrumors 6502

DearthnVader

Trump faces a real challenge, many mainstay Republican voters are Farmer and Small Business owners that rely on cheap, illegal, labor. They don't want to see a change to the status quo, they'd rather see illegals stay as 2nd class citizens, and continue working for them.

They may pull the lever for Hillary and vote in a Republican Congress to block her Amnesty aspirations.

23. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

I saw a rather shocking stat the other day. California's Hispanic population grew from around 7 million to nearly 15 million from 1990 to 2015. The remaining population was essentially flat in demographic terms and numbers give or take a few thousand here and there.

Melting pot or a hostile takeover? Because last time I checked, the entire concept of our imigration policy was to get the best and brightest from everywhere.

24. DearthnVader thread starter macrumors 6502

DearthnVader

You are aware of how we came by California?

25. jerwin macrumors 65816

It's normal. Don't be so paranoid.