Onyx review. Anybody here use it? And attest to its usefulness?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by PicnicTutorials, Jan 20, 2014.

1. PicnicTutorials macrumors 6502a

PicnicTutorials

Onyx review. Anybody here use it? And attest to its usefulness?

2. macspectrum macrumors newbie

macspectrum

have used it since 10.5

3. diazj3 macrumors 6502a

I have used it since 10.4. Works great, better than most paid apps out there.

4. Jacksonc macrumors 6502

Jacksonc

Yes, it is great. I use it all the time! Mostly for cleaning, but I do like the tweaks it has. Defiantly worth it.

5. OzExige macrumors 6502

OzExige

used it quite a bit,

as far as it's usefulness, it's debatable, I think it's claims of tidying up your disk and such like is exaggerated.

6. tuthill macrumors member

Nicest thing about Onyx is that if you don't like it they will cheerfully refund your money:D

7. DJLC macrumors 6502a

DJLC

I've used OnyX for a long time and completely love it. It consistently saves Macs I encounter from slowness. Especially after a major system upgrade — for example, a lot of the sluggishness in Mavericks was fixed after I ran OnyX. No clean install necessary.

I wouldn't necessarily say it saves hard drive space. It's just a GUI frontend to a bunch of utilities that clear caches, verify your hard drive, repair permissions, clear out corrupted preference files, and a bunch of other stuff that you may or may not want to do. I avoid apps that claim to "clean" your drive; they typically clean too much.

8. PicnicTutorials thread starter macrumors 6502a

PicnicTutorials